9 months ago
Fleet Service Clerks perform the handling of items on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing and documenting of cargo in a cargo specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area. Pick-up and delivery as indicated: mail at mail facility, baggage in bag room; cargo at the cargo facility or staging areas. Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to the operational requirements of the airline. Includes ability to perform data entry. The cleaning and servicing of aircraft interiors, including cabin cockpit and lavatories; checking, handling, assembling, removing and installing passenger service cabin furnishings and supplies according to check list specifications. Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors. External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air; includes checking all fluid levels. May be required to drive a bus. May be required to work at heights while de-icing of aircraft. Includes filling de-icer with measured amounts of appropriate chemicals and water as needed. Arrival and departure activities of aircraft including cleaning aircraft windshield; pushing, towing and related guide person functions. May be required to operate a forklift. May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck meter. The filling of fuel truck from storage tanks, driving fuel truck and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as required. Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting in loading, unloading and racking both filled and empty drums. This position may be covered under Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing requirements.
* High School diploma or GED
* May be required to lift up to 70 lbs.
* Applicable valid drivers license as required by local authorities
* Work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days-off
* Work overtime on short notice in emergencies or when operationally necessary
* Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Ability to distinguish colors, red, green and yellow
* Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six digit numbers)
* Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
* Must fulfill government required criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA)
* Must secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
* Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 11042
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Transportation, Clerical, Facilities, Data Entry, Operations, Administrative, Aviation