As the worldwide leader in private aviation, NetJets Aviation (NJA) flight attendants are dedicated to providing the highest levels of safety and service to our Owners and fellow crewmembers. It is the primary responsibility of an NJA Flight Attendant to act as an ambassador for NetJets and to provide a superior air transportation experience while maintaining a continued safety record second to none on each and every flight.
The NJA Flight Attendant is the face of NetJets providing not only safe transportation but also providing an exclusive concierge-level service experience to every NetJets Owner and passenger. The Flight Attendant is expected to effectively wear many hats to achieve this concierge-level service experience with roles ranging from professional cabin attendant to personalized in-flight service provider.
The Flight Attendant must engage in sound Crew Resource Management and comply with all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and Company polices to ensure the comfort and safety of passengers throughout the flight segment. The Flight Attendant must consistently meet or exceed all performance requirements outlined in the NJA Flight Attendant Manual (FAM), applicable service manuals and other applicable policies and procedures. He/she must be flexible with the flight environment encountering diverse passengers and such things as the transportation of family pets, children, and in-flight smoking by passengers.
* Greets Owners/passengers pre-flight, briefs them on the specific flight / trip and verifies itinerary.
* Acts as a liaison for Owners/passengers and NetJets Command Center from the time the Owners/passengers arrive at the FBO until they have safely landed at their final destination and have departed the final FBO.
* Must properly stow on aircraft all carry on cabin luggage as needed. This may include the carriage of human remains in the form of a container after cremation; a coffin or a body bag which will ride in the cabin of the aircraft, and handling of various animals that are "pets" to our owners.
* Anticipates and prepares for Owners and guests needs and expectations and tailors service to create an exceptional flight experience. This includes setting the appropriate ambience for each phase of the flight (e.g., meals, movies, sleeping, etc.).
* Delivers the finest level of food preparation and presentation including by setting/clearing tables and plating and serving meals in a timely manner.
* Must be able to work varying hours including day and night, weekdays, weekends and holidays. Duty may last for as long as fourteen hours per day for up to eight days and may span different time zones and extreme weather differences in the course of a trip. While on duty may be away from home for six or more days and nights, staying in hotels.
* Work environment is subject to frequent changes in cabin altitude from sea level to 8,000 feet, variable positive and negative G loads and turbulence in-flight.
* Must be able to interact and care for Owner pets. May be subjected to potential allergens.
* Work environment is subjected to second hand smoke.
* Acts as the final authority on his or her aircraft with respect to all areas of operation including the applicable safety and regulatory guidance. Must follow all FAA, Company and other applicable safety regulations.
* Must be punctual and dependable and report to work on a regular and timely basis.
* Prepares the airplane for flight per FAA guidelines, Original Equipment Manufacture's (OEM) Checklists and NetJets Flight Attendant Manual (FAM) utilizing pre-flight checklists.
* Conducts detailed examination of interior of aircraft, operating and testing various equipment. Reviews any discrepancies and advises PIC for safe flight operation.
* Stocks airplane cabin with required equipment and materials and other emergency equipment as well as linens, blankets, magazines and other amenities for passengers.
* In the event of abnormal or emergency situations, coordinates with the flight crew to determine if immediate action is required or landing is necessary.
* Must be prepared to effectively and summarily act in emergency situations while remaining calm and responsive to PIC Authority and FAA communication as well as alert and sensitive to Owners/passengers safety and concerns.
* Responsible for preparing the aircraft for the next flight segment or properly securing the aircraft for shutdown when it is the last flight for the day.
* Responsible for cleaning including vacuuming, restocking of commissary, and removal of refuse.
* Responsible for properly communicating any maintenance abnormalities or discrepancies to the PIC. Additionally must properly complete any paperwork associated with any discrepancies or events that could have or did affect the flight.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferred, but not required
Course of Study/Major: General Studies, Aviation Management, Hospitality/Travel Management or related field.
Type of Credentials/Licenses: CPR and First Aid Certification (or the willingness to become certified)
Related Work Experience: 2-4 years in a high end service capacity.
Must deliver a safe and superior concierge-level air transportation experience for every flight. NJA Flight Attendants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Must have 3 or more years in varied high-end luxury customer service roles, providing individualized customer service.
* Must have an unwavering commitment to providing the highest possible levels of safety and service and a friendly, service-oriented attitude.
* Must be able to safely fit in both the 3rd crewmember or FA assigned seat positions for Flight Attendants with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened, as well as the aircraft aisle way; also be able to safely and effectively operate fully all equipment and or/window exits at each position of all Flight Attended aircraft operated by NJA and perform the essential job functions.
* Must be able to perform CPR and First Aid (Certification required or must be obtained within training period).
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* Must have a valid passport and be able to travel internationally without restrictions.
* Must have a valid State drivers licence.
* Must have yellow fever shot immunization prior to beginning training.
***Flight Attendants are required to be based out of one of the locations noted below. Upon conditional offer of employment, a base must be selected from one of the following locations: Teterboro NJ (TEB), White Plains NY (HPN), Chicago IL (MDW), Dallas TX (DAL), Atlanta GA (ATL), Washington DC (IAD), Charlotte NC (CLT), Philadelphia PA (PHL), Denver CO (DEN), Houston TX (IAH), Los Angeles CA (LAX),Ft. Lauderdale FL (FLL), Boston MA (BOS), San Francisco CA (SFO), Las Vegas NV (LAS), Phoenix AZ (PHX), Orlando FL (MCO), Nashville TN (BNA), Raleigh/Durham NC (RDU), Detroit, Michigan (DTW), West Palm Beach, Florida (PBI), Baltimore, MD (BWI), Miami, FL (MIA), Seattle, WA (SEA) and Columbus Ohio (CMH).***