The Flight Attendant Ground Instructor executes ground-training programs and oversees the testing, grading and record keeping of flight attendant related ground training events; conducts classroom or other ground instruction, employing the necessary training aids in accordance with the Company training program. This position will support to the Manager, Inflight Training with the daily training operation, as well as support Special Assignment Flight Attendant Instructors / Evaluators on a day-to-day basis.
- US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Instructional/training background or equivalent experience
- Flight Attendant experience.
- Knowledge of Part 121 flight rules.
- Knowledge of the Air Transportation Operations Inspector Handbook (8900.10).
- Willing to learn and demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of Compass Airlines’ Inflight policies, procedures and processes.
- Compass Flight Attendant experience
- Facilitate practical training in classroom, training devices and aircraft.
- May include alternative work schedules.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have ability to instruct flight attendants in all aspects of training curriculum.
- To perform duties, must have PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and CBT applications and familiarity using available graphics and multimedia software.
- Leadership and development experience
- Must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Experience with project management
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
- Must demonstrate creativity in materials development, putting together information in a way that will engage the audience and keep their interest.
- Position is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Full-time salaried position
- Must be able to coach and critique fellow crew members and instructors in a positive and constructive manner.
- Experienced in adult education, training, program development, Instructional System Design (ISD), media/video expertise or related fields
- Facilitate Initial, Transition, Recurrent/Continuing Qualification (CQ) and Service training courses in a positive manner.
- Complete class training records.
- Maintain currency of training information (update training materials in conjunction with Company policy/procedural changes)
- Provide input for revisions to the training curriculum and methods as needed to improve effectiveness.
- Accountable for the students’ performance and for their growth, development and success with Compass Airlines.
- Accountable for ensuring Company and regulatory policy and procedures are followed.
- Maintain currency/proficiency in line flying operations.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.