13 days ago
Flight Crew Training Instructor
Post Begin Date
1 week ago(5/10/2018 9:00 PM)
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Prepare and conduct classroom training in accordance with FAR, Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM), and Company requirements.
* Facilitate pilot learning.
* Develop and create instructional and evaluation media/materials for support of training programs.
* Maintain course material and procedural integrity through self study, skills practice, critique review, and instructor meetings.
* Accomplish special projects and assignments as directed.
* Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
* May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* High school diploma or equivalency required.
* College degree is preferred.
* Previous flying experience in B-737 or aircraft above 12,500 pounds is preferred.
* Previous experience as classroom Instructor or simulator Instructor is preferred.
* Previous experience as a Flight Instructor/Check Airman/Evaluator is preferred.
* Must possess an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating.
* Must possess a valid motor vehicle license.
* Must be able to acquire a B-737 type rating.
* Must have vision ability to view and read computer/video displays on a frequent basis.
* Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in order to move training support equipment from one location to another.
* Must be able to participate in the FAR directed Line Observation Program and be able to enter and exit the aircraft under normal and emergency conditions.
* Must be able to enter and exit the flight simulator under normal and emergency conditions.
* Must have a good working knowledge and experience in the operation of training equipment that includes computer based training workstations.
* Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Must have the ability to read technical aircraft documents, follow technical instructions, learn and understand new technical concepts and prepare written technical documents that will convey information or guidance to others in an understandable manner.
* Must possess extensive knowledge of flight training instructional duties along with a good working knowledge of FAR training requirements.
* Must possess excellent English verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess the ability to accomplish accurate work under tight time constraints while maintaining a high degree of flexibility.
* Must be able to work various hours as necessary.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must be at least 23 years of age.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?