3 months ago
Ameriflight, the nation's largest Part 135 airline is seeking a Flight Dispatcher to help us provide unparalleled service and value for our customers, with the highest dedication to safety, innovation and teamwork.
Reporting to the Base Operations Manager:
* Provides flight following of company aircraft in accordance with company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration regulations.
* Coordinates scheduled and on-demand flights with customers and company to ensure safe and efficient service.
* Works closely with Flight and Maintenance Departments.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Interacts with customers to coordinate the transport high priority work with critical delivery cut-off times.
* Coordinates with Flight Crew Members to make critical go/no-go flight release decisions to ensure safe and efficient flight operations.
* Prepares effective and timely contingency plans to recover from services disruptions due to weather, ATC, mechanical issues, etc.
* Writes routine reports and correspondence.
* Collect and input flight data.
* May assist with handling of aircraft including ground power unit to start aircraft.
* The ideal candidate has a strong aviation background with a general understanding of aviation weather, flight planning and FAR91 or FAR135 regulations.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a High school diploma or GED certificate. College or Aviation trade school is preferred.
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, government regulations, and procedure manuals, and understand technical instructions furnished in written or verbal form.
* Must be familiar with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
* Must pass a FAA and Airport Security background check.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Salary commensurate with experience.
* Competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401K, vacation and sick time.
* Advancement opportunities.