6 months ago
This position requires a candidate with experience with stability & control testing, simulation, and analysis.
A Flight Dynamics Engineer will:
- Establishing requirements for flight control systems functionality and performance to ensure flight safety and Part 25 certification
- Supporting design and analysis for augmented airplane handling qualities and control law development
- Developing, documenting, and inspecting aerodynamic and system simulation models for the purposes of flight dynamics analysis
- Conducting, analyzing, and documenting the results of simulation laboratory evaluations of the airplane
- Supporting flight test activities, including updating and validating the aerodynamic simulation models
- Supporting Functional Hazard Analysis, including validating the hazard classification of various failures and combinations of failures
The preferred candidate will have:
- Flight test experience
- Proficiency with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 23 or Part 25 airplanes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description.13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope 2. Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities 3. Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge 4. Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas 5. Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements 6. Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives 7. Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 8. Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program
Additional Functions: 1. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 63901
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time