5 months ago
This position requires a candidate with experience with stability & control testing, simulation, and analysis.
As a Flight Dynamics Engineer (TSIII), you will:
- Establishing requirements for flight control systems functionality and performance to ensure flight safety and Part 25 certification
- Supporting design and analysis for augmented airplane handling qualities and control law development
- Developing, documenting, and inspecting aerodynamic and system simulation models for the purposes of flight dynamics analysis
- Conducting, analyzing, and documenting the results of simulation laboratory evaluations of the airplane
- Supporting flight test activities, including updating and validating the aerodynamic simulation models
- Supporting Functional Hazard Analysis, including validating the hazard classification of various failures and combinations of failures
The preferred candidate will have:
- Flight test experience
- Proficiency with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 23 or Part 25 airplanes
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues 2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results 6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 91841
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.