5 months ago
Flight Follower/Dispatcher Reports to: Flight Following Supervisor Department: Flight Following
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: FAI
Under general supervision, performs activities associated with scheduling and dispatching aircraft and
security of aircraft.
Essential Functions: Ensure safety of flight by performing the following duties:
1. Exercise operational control in conjunction with the Pilot in Command (PIC) for the safe and
efficient operation of flights in accordance with FAA regulations and company policy.
2. Must have a complete understanding of the company procedures, limitations and directives
applicable to the rules of FAR Part 121.
3. Review, analyze and monitor present and forecast weather conditions, including NOTAM’s,
PIREP’s TFR’s and airport conditions.
4. Flight Planning
5. Prepare, review and sign flight releases.
6. Monitor the progress of each flight.
7. Provide the PIC with all applicable information for the safe conduct of flight.
8. Capable of determining the operation status and capability of the aircraft, which includes:
a. Weight and Balance procedures as described in that particular chapter of the Airplane
b. Runway analysis review as contained in that section of the Airport Analysis Manual
c. Aircraft performance information as described in that particular chapter of the Airplane
d. Airworthiness release procedures
9. Respond to interruptions in service with recommendations and notifications as appropriate.
10. Monitor and ensure flight crewmembers are scheduled in accordance with flight and duty time
11. Responsible for crewmember selection, scheduling and notification after normal business hours
and in the absence of the Crew Scheduler.
12. Assist with flight crewmember travel arrangements as necessary.
13. Responsible for accurate reporting of Crewmember flight times to payroll.
14. Initiate emergency response procedures as required by the company Emergency Response Plan.
15. Provide excellent customer service, in all situations.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties: Safety
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position.
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered
and report those that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
2. Be observant of any Customers acting suspiciously and ensure that personnel/visitors are
conforming to airport security guidelines.
Revised 2/11/11 Page 1 of 2
Physical Abilities: The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must
perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small
objects and print or write legibly.
2. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
3. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
4. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral
information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with
various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Qualifications: 1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Position requires 40 hours of training with successful completion of ground school.
3. Requires strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent telephone etiquette.
4. Must be computer savvy; be proficient in Word, Excel, email, PowerPoint etc…
5. Passionate attention to detail.
6. Have strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Requires a great deal of
coordination among many departments.
7. Must be flexible, willing to work various hours including holidays, nights, weekends and overtime.
8. Must be able to work effectively in a busy fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks at one
9. Must be diplomatic, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes
feedback, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
10. Function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
11. Strong math background, perform mathematical computations using decimals and hours and
minutes and converting from one to the other.
12. Have a good grasp of Alaska geography, know or be able to learn 3 letter airport codes.
13. Be a self-starter with initiative.
Preferred Experience: 1. FAA Dispatch certificate or previous experience with large aircraft dispatch.
2. Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in aviation related field.
3. Pilot certificate with instrument rating or air traffic control background.
4. FCC Class III Radio Telephone License.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisor.
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed Name Revised 2/11/11 Page 2 of 2
13 days ago
only 15 days until close