Processes day-to-day Flight Operational Quality Assurance (FOQA) data using the Ground Data Replay Analysis System (GDRAS) and performs routine data analysis. Creates weekly and monthly deliverables in addition to working with Gatekeepers and other members of Safety and FOQA Management Team (FMT).
50%: Supports the FOQA Program Manager with daily administration of the FOQA efforts to ensure analysis of flight data for improved flight safety including validation of FOQA events, identification of events for Gatekeeper contacts and identification of events for Maintenance reporting
20%: Performs data analysis, root cause analysis and determines corrective actions of digital flight data to determine adverse events, trends in flight and maintenance operations. Coordinates and validates aircraft specific event definitions. Maintains and identifies new FOQA events, and manages documentation supporting these functions.
20%: Prepares flight operations trending analysis charts and reports. Compiles and presents FOQA data summaries to enhance training, maintenance, flight operations. Performs specialized studies and fulfills special data requests. Assists in the creation of safety and FOQA department publications. Prepares reports, presentations, and statistical data required to identify trends for safety enhancement.
10%: Oversees data collection process of aircraft fleet in conjunction with Maintenance
Course of Study/Major: Aviation, flight technology, engineering, statistics or related area or a combination of education and experience.
Related Work Experience: 0-2 years
* Basic statistical methods experience
* Strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a positive attitude toward teamwork.
* Previous experience maintaining and enhancing corporate safety standards and safe operation practices.
* Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, including spreadsheet and database applications.
* Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight stays.
* FAA Commercial Pilot License or higher
* Prior experience with Austin Digital or equivalent GDRAS platforms
* Knowledge of aircraft flight data recorders
* Previous work experience, preferably in 14 CFR Part 121 or 135 air carrier operations; quality control, maintenance, operations, safety or a combination of these areas.