7 months ago
We are continuing our expansion in Moncton and are seeking Talented and Unique Bilingual and English only team members to join us with start dates and January and February 2018!
We will be hosting Open House Information Sessions where you can learn more about being a Flight Reservation Agent talking with our amazing guests, the benefits of being a WestJet Employee AND Owner, our outstanding travel perks and our Award Winning Culture. The best part? All of these positions are WORK from HOME after training.
* Tuesday December 12th 2017 - CBDC Kent Building, 190 Irving Blvd, Bouctouche, NB
* Wednesday December 13th 2017 - CBDC Westmorland Albert, 337 Main Street, Shediac, NB
* Thursday December 14th 2017 - Sackville Public Library, 66 Main Street, Sackville, NB
* Tuesday December 19th 2017 - WestJet Campus - 77 Foundry Street, Moncton, NB
Time: There are 3 sessions at each location to choose from (each session is approx 90 minutes):
* 10:00am *3:00pm *6:00pm
**Please bring an updated copy of your resume to the event as well.**
Think WestJet. It's a great place to land. WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Close Date: 12/19/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
WestJet's Flight Reservation Agents are responsible for creating a remarkable experience for our guests through one-on-one telephone contact to arrange air travel on WestJet Airlines flights, and provide information for guests with varying needs. You are often the first point of contact for guests and play an essential and crucial role in displaying the WestJet brand. You possess effective problem solving skills, have a desire to consistently provide exceptional guest service and must are motivated by truly helping our guests with all their flight needs.
* Successfully work independently in a home-based work environment, as well as in a team environment after the initial 12 weeks of training at the Moncton WestJet Training facility.
* Book air travel for internal and external guests, answer questions and provide general information about travel with WestJet.
* Provide post booking support, such as changing and cancelling reservations, using the SabreSonic Reservation System.
* Effectively research and make decisions based on the information you have available to you, while balancing the needs of the guest with the needs of the business.
* Adhoc projects as assigned.
* High School diploma.
* Exceptional Communication Skills
* Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
* A combination of two years’ experience in a sales environment and customer service related capacity.
* Outgoing personality where you enjoy engaging with people and truly hearing their story!
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency with computers and experience.
* All agents in the role must meet attendance and punctuality expectations.
* Ability to sit for long periods of time and handle high call volumes.
* Ability to support our 24/7/365 call centre by being flexible and able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays (currently have a dedicated overnight team).
* Organizational fit for WestJet culture, supporting our Mission, Vision and Values.
* Must provide a safe, secure, professional and ergonomically acceptable home-based office, free from background noise and distraction.
* Your home must be wired to provide high speed internet and a phone line - both hardwired - through either Rogers or Bell.
WestJet offers a base salary, paid overtime after 40 hours/week, flight and travel benefits, profit sharing twice a year, an owners performance award, medical benefits AND an employee stock purchase plan matched by WestJet at 100%!
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.