Summary/Objective: The Flight Safety program manager position will oversee the Pilot, Maintenance and Dispatch ASAP program. This position will interact with company managers, union representatives and the FAA.
- Manage the Pilot, Maintenance and Dispatch ASAP program.
- Prepare/Facilitate all of the Event Review Committee (ERC) Meetings.
- Integrate Root Cause Analysis into the ERC meetings and trend the data.
- Track/Trend the top safety issues out of the ASAP program.
- Track the effectiveness of all ERC Recommendations/Corrective Actions.
- Create Recommendations to the company from the ASAP ERC’s.
- Create Safety Promotional (Quarterly ASAP Briefs, Safety Bulletins etc.)
- Maintain all of the ASAP Memorandum of Understandings (MOU).
- Manage the Confidential Information Sharing Program (CISP)
- Manage the Pilot/Flight Attendant Fatigue program.
- Maintain the PSA Flight Safety Index.
- Interface with the Maintenance Department by participating in the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) meeting.
- Assist the Manager of Safety in the Emergency Response program.
- Conduct various safety promotional presentations to increase the knowledge and awareness of PSA ASAP program and support departmental safety promotional efforts as needed.
- In absence duties shared by the Safety Specialist and Manager of Safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately, when performing job duties; prepare presentations; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position. Will assist in supervising Safety Analyst/Assistants.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with occasional extended periods of time as necessary.
Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or Aviation Safety preferred. Two years of ASAP related experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of WBAT preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent writing/ communication skills.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.