|Job Title:||Floor Support Technician - Kansas City|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||NonExempt
|External Description:||SUMMARY: Responsible for keeping hangar floor neat and orderly and for performing recycling, waste collection, solid hazardous waste segregation and collection duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
• Perform separation solid hazardous waste collection and segregation on hangar and shop floors.
• Perform safety inspection and replenish eye wash stations as required.
• Perform Foreign Object Debris walk and sweep in hangar bays and tarmac, using powered equipment.
• Perform service checks on floor support equipment, including sweepers, compactors, baler, carts, etc. Notify lead of any operational problems.
• Notify lead of any blood borne pathogen or pest control issues.
• Clean sanding rooms, remove accumulated sanding debris from drawers and assist with filter changes as required by manufacturer OEM manuals.
• Provide assistance to waste water treatment operator as directed.
• Replace illegible labels on chemical bottles, restock carts from storage area, and return empty bottles to assigned location.
• Pick up and recycle or dispose of all scrap wood, cardboard and other refuse.
• Coordinate disposal of scrap metal.
• Proactively support department continuous improvement “lean” efforts, and support overall company lean efforts, including adhering to 5S and standard work requirements.
• Pick up and dispose of all hangar back shop and hangar floor trash.
• Empty all outside trash cans.
• Sweep around entryways and designated smoke areas.
• Shovel and sweep snow when needed.
• Operate forklifts, golf carts, sweepers, scissor lifts, etc. as assigned in accordance with the safety training program.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Custodians and Day Porters as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Ability to operate equipment.
• Able to see adequately to identify Foreign Object Debris and remove it.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and read and comprehend written documents.
• Ability to learn basic computer based work order system tasks.
• Ability to read and comprehend technical data.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Must have valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high. May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May work outside in various types of weather.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.