about 1 month ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Flow Leader will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals / programs / processes for the FBM business, and will have the experience and/or expertise to solve problem, as well as develop and execute on team goals and objectives, ensuring reliability and consistency of the production area. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
In addition, as the Flow Leader, you will:
* Provide leadership throughout the business area for the Lean Transformation
* Provide oversight and leadership for front-line manufacturing employees (hourly teams)
* Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* In addition to working with and leading hourly teams, will also work together with business leadership at SPB and EB level
* Specify needs, communicates about project approach, develops plans, and presents outcomes
* Deliver products as part of a team
* Work on cross functional teams as necessary to deliver on business goals
* Lead analytical and technical activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Production Supervision
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Open to continuous learning
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Prior lean knowledge/background
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Aviation Rutland Operations is a parts producer for over 100 Commercial Airlines as well as US &Foreign Military. We are a highly motivated, committed team of 1500 employees at three sites responsible for producing blades and vanes through vertically integrated manufacturing. Utilizing Six Sigma Tools and Lean manufacturing are two of the ways we add value to our customers with excellent quality. We have been located in scenic South Central Vermont for over 50 years. There is always something going on in Rutland, from craft fairs to fall festivals and winter activities such as skiing & snow shoeing. New England and outdoor living abound! Come see why we love Rutland!