5 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. Safran Electronics & Defense is the No. 1 company in Europe and No. 3 worldwide for inertial navigation systems used in air, land and naval applications. It is also No. 1 worldwide in helicopter flight controls and the European leader in optronics and tactical UAV systems. Operating worldwide, Safran Electronics & Defense employs 7,600 people in Europe, Asia Pacific, North America and South America.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Electrical engineering
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
1. Take ownership of the Physical Verification and design activities for CEH/FPGA testing to ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with DO-254 requirements.
2. Conduct Verification and Validation and design activities on CEH/FPGA components to meet DO-254 DAL A certification requirements.
3. Develop/ Refine firmware code and Test scripts using Matlab and ModelSim and support the Physical Verification Testing on CEH/FPGAs
4. Run Test Scripts on the VHDL test bench and Matlab
5. Review and analyze results generated by Logic Analyzers
6. Update and Document Test Procedures to meet DO-254 requirements
7. Document Test Results using approved methods and procedures that meet DO-254 requirements
8. Update Hardware documentation in support of Audits
9. Work in conjunction with Quality, Planning, and Program/Project Management personnel to ensure V&V activities are conducted in a timely manner.
10. Work cross-functionally with development teams, throughout the development process, to ensure activities and documentation of results are performed with a focus on meeting DO-254 DAL A requirements.
11. Attend development design reviews that focus on generating and delivering a certification artifacts.
12. Other duties as required.
Candidate skills & requirements
-Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or eligible to be licensed by Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
-Minimum three (3) years engineering experience in an electronics design/test environment
-Ability to read and understand electronic schematics and to develop scripts for testing FPGAs
-FPGA V&V experience (DO-254)
-Proficient with the use of Logic Analyzers and the analysis of their outputs
-Proficient with Matlab/TCL (ModelSim) scripting and use with Logic Analyzers.
-Proficient with VHDL test bench
-Familiarity with FPGAs
-Aerospace experience (DO-254)
-Strong communication, organizational and planning skills, effective interpersonal skills, analytical problem solving approach, dealing with complexity, informing others, Clear and Concise writing and presentation skills.
-Proficient in computer software applications such as, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, etc.
North America, Canada, Ontario, Peterborough
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years