5 months ago
Listed below are the skills needed beyond the standard requirements of the Graphic Designer position in order to succeed in a Front-end Designer/Developer role.
Composition to Web Asset Conversion: Converting a finalized PSD file into web asset files is an important part of this role.
1. Use Photoshop to slice a PSD into markup files (e.g., HTML and CSS).
2. Able to edit the resulting files without the use of a WYSIWYG (e.g., Dreamweaver).
3. Understanding of responsive design techniques (e.g., table-less layouts, media queries).
4. Comfortable with working in a code editor (e.g., Sublime Text, Notepad++).
Client-side/Front-end Development: Once the basic layout is complete, be able to add interactivity to the resulting web page.
2. Comfortable with front-end frameworks to aid in page layouts and responsive design (e.g., Bootstrap).
3. Use AJAX to pull data from a web service and display in on the page.
4. Use AJAX to submit a form and display a status message without reloading the page.
Nice to Haves: Helpful skills to have to keep Digital Marketing on the forefront of web development.
1. Familiar with using source control concepts when working with web pages, namely with git (e.g., pull, push, commit).
2. Comfortable with working on a local instance of a web site on a workstation and not reliant on SFTPing files to a remote server (source control used to deploy to servers).
3. Familiar with using SASS and related automation tools (e.g., gulp) to generate dynamic CSS.
4. Experience with various content management systems (CMS) (ExpressionEngine or IBM Websphere Portal preferred)
Education and Experience Requirements:
Under minimal supervision, the Interactive Web Developer will design, develop, implement, and support web sites, web applications, client applications, kiosk applications, email campaigns, any new mediums and other interactive projects; supervise developers and assign projects and tasks; and manage various projects throughout their life cycle for the enterprise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1.Design, develop, and implement interactive campaigns to support company sales goals by designing, developing, and supporting web sites and web applications, email, offline media, and client applications. 2.Participate in meetings and offer creative ideas, alternative strategies, and new development techniques. 3.Design, develop, and implement web pages and ColdFusion database web applications to support the enterprise. 4.Identify new technology that would better support department needs. 5.Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. 6.Work with internal IT department and Interactive Marketing Project Manager & Sr. Interactive Developer to integrate Interactive Marketing products into backend systems such as CRM applications.
Additional Functions: 1.Collaborate with peers in other Gulfstream departments as necessary to support common business objectives. 2.Work with contractors from time to time on projects. 3. A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer. 4.Work on video project as needed.
Other Requirements: 1.Experience with Oracle, Video based applications is a plus. 2.Exceptional organization and time management skills. 3.Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
Languages Required (in addition to English): English
Requisition Number: 108422
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.