9 months ago
Job ID #: 10259
Location: US - Illinois - Waukegan
Functional Area: Research / Development
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
Full-Stack Web Developer
The Full-Stack Web Developer position will design and develop user-facing applications using a React.js, Node.js and MongoDB stack. The duties and tasks involved are constantly changing due to evolving technology and changing product and business needs. This position will be expected to lead small project teams whenever necessary, they will also evaluate and document user needs by gathering requirements then analyzing and developing the application architecture.
• Knowledge and experience with all aspects of the React.js, Node.js and MongoDB stack.
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
• Understand the Functional Programming paradigm.
• Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Experience developing mobile applications for iOS and Android is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consults with the Marketing group to develop software requirements.
• Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operation and performance requirements for overall system.
• Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility within time and cost constraints.
• Understand and use project management skills to complete projects within the time and cost constraints.
• Analyze and debug complex software.
• Full lifecycle application development
• Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
• Front end graphical user interface design.
• Software testing and quality assurance.
• Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
• Support, maintain and document software functionality.
• Integrate software with existing systems.
• Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifying job experience
• Five years related experience in software development
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.