4 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
As a member of our Application Development team, you will be enabling the business by providing custom solutions/ tools, at the organizational level, that will improve data accuracy, streamline processes and sustain a level of future proofing. Collaboration with our enterprise customers ensures that our solutions are directly relevant to customer scenarios and is critical to our success.
We are looking for a highly skilled full stack developer who is passionate about coding, comfortable working in an agile environment and embraces the opportunity to connect with customers to define and shape our solutions.
You will be expected to follow best practices/ standards and will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
* Applying object oriented design (OOD) principles to deliver design and development work using ASP.NET and C#.
* Developing SQL queries, stored procedures, views and triggers, CTE (Common Type Expressions), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
* Performing code reviews and validation testing.
* Creating and maintaining documentation.
* Interacting with customers.
* Gathering and analyzing business requirements and converting into technical requirements.
* Other duties as required.
* Can work well and integrate within a team environment.
* Self-driven and motivated with the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
* Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision.
* Strong troubleshooting/debugging and problem solving skills.
* Strong understanding of what it takes to have a production ready solution.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft .NET development technologies and tools (TFS, Visual Studio, NuGet, Bower).
* Strong understanding of C# (ASP.NET, MVC/WebForms, Entity Framework, LINQ)
* Strong understanding of relational database development (table and stored procedure design) using Microsoft SQL Server.
* Fundamental understanding of enterprise N-Tier design.
* Familiarity with Windows based security [Active Directory (AD)] authentication for intranet applications.
* Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum three years of professional software development experience for the Web (C#, ASP.NET, WebAPI, WebForms and object oriented design and analysis).
* Minimum three years of Microsoft SQL relational database and stored procedure design.
* Experience with ASP.NET Core C# MVC.
* Experience with automated deployments and source code management tools [Team Foundation Server (TFS), IIS and Visual Studio] is desired.
* Experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (agile/ scrum).
* Experience with ERP and PLM systems is an asset.
* Experience interfacing with customers and working in large enterprise IT, implementing complex solutions.
* Bachelor's degree/ technical diploma in computer science or related fields.
* Experience with cloud development using Microsoft Azure is an asset.
* Experience with mobile web development is an asset.
* Microsoft certifications are an asset.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam