8 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, FBO with daily oversight from the Supervisor, Line Services; the Line Service Representative is responsible for the fuelling and towing of aircraft.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Marshalling of aircraft
* Re-fuelling of aircraft
* Perform daily quality assurance tests on fuel and report any discrepancies or any incidents to the Manager, FBO and/or the Supervisor, Line Services
* Baggage handling
* Lavatory servicing
* Grooming of aircraft
* Towing of aircraft
* Hangar upkeep and maintenance
* Apron upkeep and maintenance
* Actively participate in Porter FBO’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety - Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork - Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Customer Service - Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative - Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focused - Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication - Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.â€‹
* Valid G license with a clean driving abstract
* Ability to obtain necessary security clearances
* Work rotating shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays
* Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 70lbs on a regular basis
* Ability to make decisions and meet deadlines while handling multiple responsibilities
* Applicant will be required to successfully complete training program
* Porter FBO, Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date October 27, 2017
* Reference ID 11-42-80