6 months ago
Furnishing Technician - Heavy Maintenance
Closing Date: Jun 28, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Number of Openings
Purpose of Position:
Maintaining and repairing aircraft interiors, signage, seat coverings, curtains, and appliances as well as carry out other related duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Heavy Maintenance Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Carry out repairs to and maintain company aircraft interiors and equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as Manufactures maintenance manuals.
* Maintaining the work area in a neat and tidy condition.
* Becoming familiar with Transport Canada and Company manuals and documents.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
* Previous experience in maintaining and repairing aircraft soft and hard interior equipment and appliances.
Furniture manufacture/repair experience an asset.
Automobile/Boat interior manufacture/repair experience an asset.
Composite component manufacture/repair experience an asset.
* Must be mechanically inclined.
* Knowledge of servicing & operation of sewing machine and material sergers is an asset.
* Knowledge of the following:
* Drawings, engineering and fabrication orders.
* Repair of interior aircraft panels, trim & related furnishing.
* Interior/exterior decal removal/installation.