General Manager - HR SAP Solutions Architect
Requisition #: 264644
The SAP HR Solutions Architect will provide leadership, direction and strategy between HR and IT working through the management of the SAP/ SuccessFactors HR environment. This role will work to identify and implement business processes and SAP solutions to create value and capabilities within HR and other Corporate Functions, with specific focus on Core HR systems such as Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, Benefits, Payroll, Time Management and Learning. Talent, ESS/MSS, Social and Reporting / Analytics. In some cases, the architect will define, resource and manage projects working closely with third party delivery teams and/or strategic consulting partners. The result of these efforts will be the maximization of return on investment and minimization of development/implementation time without sacrificing quality. This position will balance annual objectives to successfully deliver new capabilities aligned with business priorities. This position will also work with cross-divisional leaders to develop long-term capability roadmaps aligned to Strategic Growth Plans. Must possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with all levels within the organization and across all divisions.
1. Create architectures and designs for SAP HR solutions that are aligned with business blueprints, non-functional requirements, delivery constraints, data, application and technology standards and architecture standards within the focus area for the position.
2. Develop and maintain an understanding of the business strategy and successfully react to changes in business priorities.
3. Analyze and understand business requirements in the context of the current business environment and translate business requirements into the most effective SAP solutions.
4. Own the effort to create a 3-5 year SAP HR Roadmap; work with and engage relevant stakeholders to determine the roadmaps for each area of responsibility and agree on proposed solutions.
5. Keep abreast of the latest SAP trends and emerging technologies, identify and analyze SAP architecture best practices, determine the potential impact on the enterprise and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
6. Consistently assess current customized solutions to identify and recommend SAP standard solutions.
7. Ensure solution quality and serve as the primary point of contact for SAP HR solution design between the project team, third party vendors, IT and the PMO process within the functional business area.
8. Be clearly identified as the senior SAP HR technical lead and provide technical guidance and leadership for proposals, RFI's and RFs to the HR SAP COE.
9. Lead Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Team Leaders and Project Managers to design and implement SAP HR Solutions in partnership with subject matter expertise from the specified HR Business Specialist.
10. Provide architectural oversight and guidance to the SAP HR development team to ensure high-quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases that conforms to architecture principles and standards
11. Detect critical deficiencies in the SAP HR architectures and recommend improvements.
12. Responsible for project governance, satisfactory functional and technical delivery and review of complex SAP HR implementations throughout the entire project lifecycle.
13. Develop both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
1. 7-10 years working experience in SAP HR, covering most/all of the SAP HR SAP/ SuccessFactors modules required.
2. Understanding of different methods of SAP integration (ALE/IDOC, enterprise services, MFT, PI) required.
3. Experience with all aspects of SAP HR projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation and production support. Project management experience with mid-sized projects required.
4. Required to work independently as well as collaboratively with teams; handle multiple tasks; demonstrate business acumen while meeting aggressive timelines with minimal supervision.
5. Must be able to successfully lead teams through the architectural development process and system implementation; strong teamwork and collaboration skills required.
6. Experience in high-volume data and complex processing, (batch and real-time) both on premise and cloud environments required.
7. Problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills are required.
8. Proven track record of identifying, formulating and delivering effective solution architecture designs, alternatives and assessments for complex enterprise systems.
9. Bachelor's degree or 10 or more years of related work experience or equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training required.
10. Master's degree preferred in disciplines such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or Engineering.
11. Airline, Transportation or Manufacturing industry experience with an understanding of related business processes preferred.
12. Experience working in a hybrid landscape (SAP and SFSF)
13. Experience in outsourcing Payroll (globally) Gross to net.
14. Ability to evaluate time from external clocks