JSSI Job Posting
General Manager – JSSI Parts
Jet Support Services, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified General Manager - JSSI Parts to be based in our Chicago, IL corporate headquarters.
Founded in 1989, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI) is the world’s largest independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft engines and airframes, and supply chain solutions. JSSI provides its clients with comprehensive, flexible and affordable financial tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including jets, turbo-props and helicopters. JSSI serves clients around the world by managing maintenance services through its international network of technical advisors.
JSSI has always been deeply committed to providing its clients with the highest standard of service and excellence. Our management team is adding further value by developing innovative products and services and expanding into additional markets.
The General Manager - JSSI Parts will partner with the leader of the Parts business, the Senior Director of Procurement, to successfully accomplish two main goals of the business: (1) to lower the cost of JSSI maintenance events; and (2) to optimize third party selling and buying of parts. The General Manager will work collaboratively with internal and external resources to ensure that best practices are identified and implemented, that JSSI Parts is capitalizing on every profitable opportunity, and that team learning and growing is both relevant and ongoing. The General Manager will provide daily oversight to the overall operations of the JSSI Parts Team in two critical areas: (1) Leadership & Strategy; and (2) Operational Excellence.
Leadership & Strategy
Utilize business expertise to provide leadership to the JSSI Purchasing Team and foster strategic thinking throughout the team through the following activities:
- Identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to impart knowledge to JSSI Purchasing team members and the JSSI community at large
- Transform the Purchasing Team from reactive to strategic and forward looking
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Procurement in the leadership of JSSI Parts and Purchasing teams to achieve all financial, non-financial and supplier measurements goals
- Develop and implement modern logistics and inventory management strategies for efficient product tracking, routing and distribution
- Manage assigned budgets, in cooperation with the respective divisions (Parts trading, Jet Engine Leasing, and Purchasing) to achieve goals and objectives
- Plan and achieve savings to the JSSI budget
- Develop standard practice and cadence for measuring and communicating performance with internal management, suppliers and customers
- Create and update multi-year business plans
- Utilize business expertise and knowledge to enhance JSSI’s operational excellence in logistics, IT systems, revenue and process improvement, technical services support and parts vendor management through the following activities:
- Support the Purchasing Team by establishing enhanced procedures with respect to finding target aircraft for acquisitions, overseeing financial analyses of such aircraft and the ultimate purchase, dismantling, and re-selling of serviceable parts on such aircraft
- Drive core supply chain performance including delivery cost and quality
- Create vendor matrix to manage vendor and quality control to ensure that parts are sourced, re-sold and dispatched at an optimal level
- Serve as JSSI’s subject matter expert on IT systems which manage parts entry, purchase, and resale (i.e. Quantum or other applicable systems)
- Continue to develop expertise on technical aspects of the various engines, APUs and airframes that the JSSI Parts and Purchasing Team handles
- Support JSSI Parts team with needed focus and attention to process development, analytics structure and best practices
- Identify additional parts distribution channels to ensure consistent growth in JSSI Parts’ revenues
- Lead implementation and documentation of best practices, strategies, policies and procedures for purchasing, logistics and key deliverables
- Identify opportunities across business unit to leverage spend and relationships
- Identify big picture strategies and opportunities to increase revenue from surplus spares buying and selling
- Reduce costs of maintenance events through utilization of existing JSSI Parts inventory
- Support JSSI’s Technical Services Team by forecasting and supplying parts and components for future JSSI scheduled maintenance events
- Serve as point of contact with Maintenance and Repair Organizations, with an end-goal of establishing significantly favorable pricing terms through Memoranda of Understanding
- Develop and implement strategies to establish JSSI parts as the supplier of choice for all JSSI-covered scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events
- Oversee parts distributions to MROs/Technical Advisors for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Ten years’ experience in progressively responsible aviation roles
- Expert knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls and channels of delivery
- Expertise on supply chain operations and on driving results through others
- Demonstrated ability to implement best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate business opportunities
- Working knowledge of aircraft and engine maintenance and repairs
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and communicate effectively via email and telephone
- Ability to balance technical and business issues as well as communicate appropriately with both technical and business experts
- Highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent people manager with an ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build commitment and able to create, lead and motivate cross-functional teams
Working Environment and Conditions:
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this job is usually moderate.
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.