General Manager, Program Delivery, Channels Technology
Requisition #: 264891
Delta Air Lines is offering an exciting, challenging role, which will help lead the transformation of the way IT projects are delivered within the organization. As a General Manager, you will partner with the portfolio teams to provide leadership, vision, strategic planning and the achievement of excellence in the execution of IT enabled programs, projects and business objectives.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Provide a holistic view of the overall program to the organization and stakeholders
- Define the program governance plan outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
- Exhibit proactive leadership behavior by engaging in the program/project planning activities to ensure project success criteria are defined upfront to promote alignment with the expected outcomes
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to maximize program effectiveness and influence and lead culture change efforts to integrate Project Management Center of Excellence (CoE) elements into a broader performance based culture
- Own the overall resource management for the end to end Integration delivery, which includes -ensuring project resource estimates, allocations, time reporting, training/transition plans, technical coordination, issue resolution are being conducted effectively by program and project teams.
- Work with program / project teams to ensure that comprehensive project plans, encompassing project team structure and resource assignment, implementation, testing and training plans, are developed, as well as .
- Own the creation of a control plan identifying both business process metrics and IT platform quality requirements to ensure successful transitions of projects to support and maintenance teams
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement as well as efficiency gains. Create and own execution plans to drive the improvements in program delivery
- Lead Program initiatives based on knowledge and practical application of business best practices
- Work with Program Managers on risk mitigation plans and insure that proactive measures are being taken to address program risks
- Assist with the training and development of Program Managers to include transformational initiatives such as iterative, Agile methodologies and practice
- Conduct periodic post implementation reviews to reinforce key elements of success and identify areas of improvement
- Contribute to the development of Program Management Center of Excellence in the area of best practices, standards, procedures, and governance
- Partner with IT Sourcing team to ensure the best resources with the most appropriate skill sets and training are ready and available as needed for projects
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 10+ years of experience in Program Management within a large, matrixed IT environment
- Experience in managing upstream, lateral and downstream to ensure successful Program and Project implementations
- A strong understanding and practical application of waterfall, iterative, and agile software development methodologies
- Experience executing in a dynamic, growing organization in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Experience managing and leading large teams in a matrix capacity
- Proven track record of driving large scale change management efforts, impacting several business units with programs and portfolios combining to over $50 million in value
- Ability to communicate complex problems and plans in a poised, creative and composed manner, whilst demonstrating a passion for delivering Change
- Experience managing all aspects of large projects for the respective lines of business from initiation through deployment
- Experience and ability to engage and collaborate with Delta Air Lines business management and leadership teams with an approach that results in greater value to and engagement with our business
- Experience in Program Management leadership of global IT delivery organizations that could include offshore, nearshore, onshore with a mix of employee, contract and 3rd party technical resources
- Able to communicate and work effectively and collaboratively at all levels or our organization and within IT and business leadership
- Airline or Hospitality industry background preferred
- PMP, CSM, ACP or other Project Management certifications preferred
- Agile certifications preferred
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.