10 months ago
Job ID #: 9540
Functional Area: Sales
Division: Advanced Motion Solutions
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Connecticut - Waterbury
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Travel Percentage: 40
Hours of Work:
The Global Market Development Manager will be responsible for setting & achieving the sales growth targets as well as developing the Go-To Market strategy for AMETEK’s, Haydon-Kerk Pittman (HKP) business. The position will establish the strategic vision for HKP’s chosen market segments and drive to make the vision a reality. In this role, the Manager will work closely with HKP senior management and will be a key element to the strategic planning process by providing valuable insights and aide in strategic and operational decision making.
He/she will develop the voice of customer and develop insights that identify unmet customer needs and provide direction for global growth opportunities. The Manager will partner with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance and key customers to lead the advancement of new solutions, developing the business case, and implementing target new products.
The Manager will frequently travel to new and existing customers to gather VOC, understand customer’s motion solution needs and work with Product Management and Engineering to deliver innovative solutions to the market. This position drives the field sales force and internal resources to guarantee the success of growth programs.
The planning horizon for this role is a 2–5 year time frame that requires in-depth understanding of market segments, market trends, customers, competitive dynamics and value propositions in the motion control solutions space. The Manager must excel at communication and team building in a matrix environment within all areas of the business.
HKP's HQ is located in Waterbury, CT. However, candidates may choose to work out of any of these three locations: Waterbury, CT, Milford, NH, or Kent, OH
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Focus on market segment and product line growth through VOC, market trend analysis, New Product Ideation (NPI), and Growth Funnel opportunities (New incremental business opportunities).
• Lead the development of the 2-5 year strategic plan and growth strategy for HKP’s chosen markets that deliver the targets required to meet business expectations and/or identifies gaps.
• Lead VOC activities including analysis of customer needs, market drivers, technology developments, intellectual property landscape, regulatory drivers, and SWOT analysis.
• Develop compelling business cases for identified opportunities, including market segmentation, product positioning, channel options, and risk adjusted financial analysis.
• Collaborate with the Product Management and Engineering teams to define requirements for rapid prototyping of new product concepts for evaluation by potential customers.
• Collaborate with the global Sales team to develop sales channels in support of the market strategy by assessing and identifying markets and opportunities, developing business plans and creating new product offerings.
• Manage the initial stages of the New Product Development toll-gate process and oversee the NPD launch working with Product Management, Engineering and Marketing.
• Contribute to the development of strategic marketing plans for Growth Funnel programs, including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
• Identify and monitor short and long-term industry trends.
• Develop and deploy growth strategies that deliver above-market growth.
• Develop and manage vertical growth road maps and priorities (organic and inorganic) that enhance HKP’s competitiveness in target industries.
• Identify, scope and conduct market and industry studies.
• Work directly with third parties to conduct market and industry studies.
• Identify market and portfolio adjacencies, develop M&A target funnels, and cultivate relationships that lead to strategic alliances/acquisitions that enhance industry competitiveness.
• Develop and deploy value propositions, marketing/digital marketing campaigns in conjunction with product and commercial teams.
• Create methodology to utilize the global Field Sales and Inside Sales teams as well as utilizing Digital Marketing capabilities as lead generators funneling opportunities to HKP.
• Facilitate training for global Channels for assigned product families.
• Lead the global Sales team to target market opportunities in support of existing or new products.
• Analyze and report on global pricing and competitive pressures and works closely with Product Management on developing winning pricing strategies for the HKP portfolio.
• The Global Market Development Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, but will also work closely with other division executives, as needed.
• Supervises and leads employees as assigned.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•• BS or higher in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent.
• Ten+ years of experience in the marketing/sales of technical industrial products.
• Strong leadership skills and teamwork skills.
• Demonstrated success and experience in strategic leadership of marketing and business
• Culturally sensitive and the ability to work effectively in global cross functional teams.
• Strong financial management skills with proven ability to develop short-term and long-term business plans that delivery acceptable ROI.
• Will be called on frequently to present strategic plans to highest levels of company and sales management teams on a global basis
• Willing to travel globally at least 40% of the time.
• Excellent communicator and strategic thinker with a high level of business acumen.
• Hands-on, great motivator, entrepreneurial, willing to grow to further responsibility.
Ability to work well with others, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.