10 days ago
We are looking for passionate multi-disciplinary problem solvers to join the Global Talent Strategy team to help us adopt new perspectives on how talent can be optimally leveraged across the global Boeing enterprise. The team will apply a talent lens to complex business problems and work closely with business leaders, corporate strategy, and Human Resource counterparts to synthesize the implications and craft cutting edge enterprise strategies. The teams focus will span the full Talent lifecycle from where to bring in the best, how they should move through, and ultimately leave and stay connected. The work will be highly project based and flex according to global industry and business dynamics; therefore, cognitive agility, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to embrace ambiguity are a must.
The successful candidate will have a strong solutions orientation, be a self-starter, and have the ability to accessibly translate their discipline into persuasive language, visualization, and ultimately strategies that help us build the foundation for the future.
Your day to day role will include
• Partner with the business and HR counterparts to proactively identify and understand business and market dynamics
• Interpret those dynamics to help surface enterprise risk and better understand their global implications
• Collaborate with other members of the Global Talent Strategy team to generate cross functional insights and generate divergent (step change) solutions
• Lead / host design workshops with business representatives and HR subject matter experts to re-frame problems, co-create solutions, and provide the customer with a voice throughout the process
• Represent findings to senior leadership in compelling ways and articulate implications in easy to understand (accessible) mediums for impacted stakeholders
• Craft strategies based on insights and feasible enterprise approaches for hand offs and mentoring to sister organization(s) that conduct implementation and light configuration for local environments
• Monitor, assess, and mentor implementation teams to help achieve desired outcomes and keep clear lines of communication for feedback and advice in augmentation or further iteration of strategies
• Embrace diverse perspectives and stretch awareness of what’s possible to continually drive the organization forward; modeling the democratization of ideas by driving diversity & inclusion into interactions and solutions
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. The top U.S. exporter, Boeing supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training. With corporate offices in Chicago, Boeing employs 148,000 people across the United States and in more than 65 countries. In addition, our enterprise leverages the talents of skilled people working for Boeing suppliers worldwide, including 1.5 million people at 13,600 U.S. companies.
At Boeing, our mission and purpose is to connect, protect, explore and inspire the world through aerospace innovation. To enable this, we are building a dynamic team of cross functional thought leaders to help unleash the talent of our employees so that we can continue to pioneer. This first of its kind team is tasked with identifying the right talent problems to solve at an enterprise level and generating strategies that drive Boeing into a leadership position for its second century of success.
Human Resources & Admin
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical education and experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, I/O Psychology, HR or related field and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience leveraging agile development techniques
* The ability to lead/facilitate design thinking workshops and/or Sprints
* Capability to take qualitative perspectives and translate them into business dynamics
Basic Required Qualifications:
* Experience designing enterprise level talent strategies across multiple areas of the Talent lifecycle
* Background that exhibits the ability to conduct sense making of multifaceted challenges through the use of data
* Track record of solving complex problems by working with cross-functional teams
* Experience presenting and facilitating senior business leaders
* More than 3 years experience developing and executing talent management strategies
* A Bachelor’s degree or higher required with emphasis in HR, Organizational Development, Business or related discipline
* Experience working in a cross functional environment
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award