3 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The General Manager, IT Business Services is responsible for overseeing the alignment between the business and IT and the delivery of IT services to the business. This position establishes technical and operational strategies which result in a high degree of reliability and performance from our software applications and drives cost reductions and elimination of older legacy platforms. The General Manager leads a team responsible for partnering with business functional management to develop business and supporting IT roadmaps, business cases and blue prints to advance and maintain the business and leading the efforts to expertly deliver on these plans.
The General Manager ensures this team provides the needed SAP, technical and functional expertise to effectively manage the business system portfolios and the needed project management expertise and adherence to standards to consistently deliver value-added solutions to the organization, on-time and on-budget. This includes the IT support provided to the global manufacturing and distribution sites and the associated hardware, software and labor costs. As part of the delivery services, the General Manager oversees the delivery of IT services throughout the system development life cycle and effectively and efficiently transitions IT and the business to a stable support model. The General Manager is responsible for IT vendor management (including but not limited to SAP, Microsoft, telecom contracts) and software asset management, ensuring licensed compliance of our software assets. The General Manager serves as a lead role in M&A IT due diligence and acquisition integration efforts.
1. Budget results for the US IT teams including SAP, corporate application development and support, vendor management and software licensing cost centers as well as govern and oversee the spend for hardware, software, infrastructure services and IT labor in the manufacturing and distribution sites.
2. Develop and implement strategies focused on simplifying the portfolio and advancing business capabilities while managing costs across corporate IT and the plants.
3. Drive delivery excellence throughout our project delivery efforts
3. Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with global business leaders focused on achieving strategic objectives.
4. Oversight for global IT vendor management and software licensing and licensing compliance.
5. Lead M&A IT due diligence and acquisition integration efforts
TECHNICAL & FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
Experience managing multi-million dollar vendor contracts and software licensing and compliance requirements
Experience managing application development and support teams
Experience in M&A due diligence and acquisition integration
Experience in business relationship and portfolio management
Experience managing technical teams in a diverse global environment – both individual contributors and managers
Strong communication skills – verbal and written
Strong collaboration, strategic planning and execution skills
Experience with annual business planning and budget management
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related discipline, 7 years of people management experience and 10 years of overall experience
Preferred: Master's Degree in IT, Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline, 5 years of people management experience and 8 years of overall experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
24 days ago
only 9 days until close
23 days ago
only 6 days until close