4 months ago
Boeing’s Laser & Electro-Optical Systems in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is seeking a versatile individual to assist with government and company property control, as well as shipping and receiving of equipment, and occasional basic facilities maintenance.
General Responsibilities will include:
• Assists with administering the terms of contract provisions that specify the company's obligations to acquire, control, use, care for, report and dispose of property.
• Learns to establish a property record for company or government property by entering pertinent property data into a property tracking system.
• Processes the movement of property by coordinating, preparing and documenting applicable forms to accomplish a change of ownership, accountability or location of property in accordance with government regulations, customer contracts or corporate policy.
• Conducts physical inventory of property and learns to reconcile results to ensure compliance with regulations (e.g., Federal Aviation Regulations [FAR], DFAR, company policies) and to verify that property records accurately reflect inventory on hand.
• Assists in verifying that equipment servicing requirements (e.g., preventative maintenance, calibration, equipment modifications, repairs) are performed by responsible organizations.
• Assists in the disposition (e.g., reclamation, scrap, sale, transfer) of property identified by company, legal or contractual requirements (e.g., utilization reviews, screening, inventory schedules) in accordance with procedures.
• Following pertinent procedures, assists in the disposition of property identified by company, legal or contractual requirements.
• Follows an established preventive maintenance program to repair and maintain plant and office facilities. Performs or coordinates with vendors for basic repair and maintenance of off-line equipment.
• Provides basic support in response to trouble calls from employees and becomes knowledgeable of customer service concepts.
• Uses hand tools and lift equipment (forklift, scissor lift, etc.) in a variety of support functions.
Shipping & Receiving:
• Assists with initial identification and damage on incoming/outgoing shipments.
• Creates shipment billing documentation. Packages, labels and processes shipments.
• Processes receiving/shipping data, tracks and confirms receipt of shipments. Provides notification of discrepancies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Typical Required Education:
* Bachelor's degree.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Must possess experience with building repair and maintenance.
Must possess experience working with a variety of hand tools and basic construction equipment.
Must be have the ability to regularly lift up to 35 pounds.
Must possess Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office Excel.
Ability to obtain clearance after hire.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Experience in Facilities, Maintenance, or Construction.
Intermediate Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award