2 months ago
The advanced key account manager position is within Jeppesen's government & military market segment and consists of the largest, most strategically important and complex customers. Maintains responsibility and accountability for protecting and growing assigned accounts in coordination with the Sales Executive team. Represents the entire global Digital Aviation & Analytics portfolio, with a 360-degree perspective, builds crucial customer relationships, and acts as a trusted consultant/advisor to the customer. Assures revenue protection, identifies and nurtures new opportunities. Responsible for protecting the core business, winning expanded business and ensuring customer voice is represented back to the enterprise. Includes significant travel and may require knowledge of foreign languages.
* Understand and assess customers’ business objectives, strategies and requirements. Focus on both retaining core business and penetrating accounts through uncovering cross-sell/up-sell opportunities. Qualify and nurture opportunities for new or expanded business based on explicit needs in assigned accounts in coordination with Sales Executive team.
* Broker, build and maintain executive-to-executive relationships between Jeppesen and customers' senior leadership.
* Develop strong relationships with Digital Aviation and Boeing sales executives to support strategic accounts and partner to engage, pursue, and win new business with existing customers.
* Plan, coordinate and assure the effective deployment of all enterprise-wide resources necessary to ensure the success of product/service solution implementation. Ensure the resolution of customer inquiries/issues, and develop, coordinate, and execute a customer communication plan across all levels of customers' business.
* Document all relevant customer information, voice of customer, and account plans in Salesforce (or other company tools). Maintain accurate and updated forecast and sales funnel in Salesforce.com in coordination with the Sales Executive. Present customer voice and plan reviews as required to leadership and other internal stakeholders. Track and communicate progress of customer requests and concerns.
* Overall key account management process including detailed account planning, sales forecasting and communication within the team and customer. Lead management, sales and specialist roles as needed for specific opportunities to maximize growth.
* Assure protection of existing revenue by planning, leading negotiations, and closing the renewal of expiring, outdated, or under-valued contracts.
* Internally communicate voice of the customer feedback as well as profitable opportunities consistent with organizational objectives to influence product development, strategies, roadmaps.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Regularly contributes to the development of new job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
* Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
* Performs work with minimal direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
* Effects of decisions are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results may result in the significant expenditure of company resources.
* Serves as subject matter expert to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.