6 months ago
Imagine working alongside people who love tackling difficult and interesting challenges and who respect your contribution to the team.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
Imagine working for an organization dedicated to helping you live the life you want—inside and outside of work.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it.
Moog is a worldwide designer, manufacturer and systems integrator of high performance precision motion and fluid controls systems for a broad range of applications in aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.
The Aircraft Group is looking for a Grind Machinist to join our Production Team.
This is a full time, direct hire machinist opening with Moog Inc. which includes a wide array of benefits from comprehensive health, dental, vision and life insurances; paid vacation days; a retirement savings plan including employer matching; profit share; and 9.5 paid holidays annually. The compensation range is $25-$35/hr based on experience and shift premiums.
Here's what you can expect on a day-to-day basis:
* Sets up and operates proficiently two or more different types of CNC machines that are capable of ID and OD cylindrical grinding. Machines to include Kellenberger with Heidenhein controls, Studer S33 with Fanuc controls, Studer S41 with Fanuc controls, Okuma GA-26 with Okuma controls, Voumard Grinder
* Expected to be able to troubleshoot set ups and runs to produce quality parts and control several factors:
* Part runout
* Grind burns
* Dimensional variances
* Plans sequence of operation using available tooling or improving tooling as necessary.
* Meets production time standards on work assignments. Applies good knowledge of practical shop mathematics.
* Uses a wide variety of shop precision measuring instruments for setting up and checking work, first piece and in-process monitoring of hardware.
* Assists NC Programming Department to resolve errors in a timely manner as required.
* Performs other work of comparable or lesser difficulty as required.
We'll be looking for you to have the following:
* High School Diploma or GED
* 3-5 years’ experience of relevant experience in a related industry
* Ability to learn quickly, work well under pressure, and lead others to do the same.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran