8 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
* Perform repetitive limited grinding operations to bearing components such as Inner/Outer Bore or Roller Path, C‑Bore, Inner/Outer Races, Wirelock, etc. depending upon machine or operation to be performed following established procedures.
* Operate only after setups have been made and adjustments completed by others, except changes own grinding wheel on internal grinds. Material delivered to work area by others. May perform similar or lesser machine operations.
* Follow directed instructions or standard procedure as to machine operation. Select proper parts and load as required. Manually feed load chute or feed individual pieces as indicated by machine and operation.
* Check gauges for accuracy and report need for adjustment when indicated, cycle machine to produce first pieces; check parts and report need for adjustment, if indicated.
* Continue automatic machine operation and make check of all pieces produced for proper tolerances by use of air gauge, dial indicator or other gauges for specific job measurements. Visually inspect for burns, burrs or overall finish and surface quality. Report need for major adjustments to Supervisor. Occasionally may assist in the on‑the‑job training of new employees. Must know when to have parts checked via Nital Etch and Magnaflux operations and use results for product improvement.
* Train employee(s) as required.
* Inspect own work; correct or report detected discrepancies to supervisor.
* Record appropriate date on designated form(s) as required.
* Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
* Perform other duties as required or directed.
General Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum High School Diploma or GED
* Above average Mechanical Aptitude & Shop Math competencies.
* Attention to detail, able to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient & productive.
* Strong ability to follow written & prescribed work instructions/procedures & tasks.
* Basic computer skills; including but not limited to MS Office Suites (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Problem solving methodology for troubleshooting problems encountered that are typically dissimilar and have a number of solutions.
* This position requires both hands and legs, both near/far vision, and able to pass the forced whisper hearing test.
* Must be physically able to climb ladders to heights not to exceed 12 feet & able to lift up to 30 pounds.
* Requires operating powered equipment & using hoist assist lifts.
* Extensive periods of walking & standing within the shift.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
5 months ago
only 15 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 20 days until close