HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK).
It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009.
- Responsible for cost effective repair of ground support equipment (diesel / electrical vehicles - tugs, carts, forklifts and belt loaders)
- Prioritize equipment repair needs
- Work with department manager to provide adequate equipment to the field
- Maintain equipment in safe condition
- Keep track of parts and create work orders
- Analyze maintenance programs
- Troubleshoot equipment problems
- Work with leads, supervisors and manager to provide responsive service to the station's repair needs
- This position will require travel to other cities to repair equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Support a 24/7 Operation. Full time position.
In your station and primarily OJT. Some travel to out stations.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible. Our Mechanics support multiple airports and travel 50% of their time.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 21 required
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required
- Authorization to enter and exit Canada required
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required
- Must be able to obtain a current DOT medical certificate required
- ASE Certification preferred
- Technical trade school in repair and maintenance preferred
- Must have an adequate complement of own tools required
- Two years demonstrated automotive maintenance experience including welding, electrical work, front end, brakes, hydraulics and diesel required
- Electrical powered vehicle experience preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds required
- Ability to travel to other cities up to 50% of the time required
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include evenings, weekends, and holidays required
- Ability to work in some inclement weather conditions required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision required
- Regular and predictable attendance required
The location for this position is in Spokane, Washington
OUR CULTURE - HORIZON AIR
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well).
Key to Horizon Air's success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Each day, employees are guided by the shared values of Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative and Continuous Improvement. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: July 11, 2016.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.