|Title||Ground Instructor I|
|Description||The position is geared towards current flight instructors in a collegiate or FAR 141 flight training program. We require a two year commitment, after which successful candidates will be offered the opportunity to transfer to the line as First Officers.
•Instruct Spirit new hire pilots in aircraft systems, performance, general subjects, and basic indoctrination under FAR 121 Training Program.
•Command training event(s) by adhering to FAA approved training curriculum and ensure pilots are trained to the highest standards.
•Develop and implement training courseware for the Spirit Flight Operations Training Department.
• Assist the Flight Ops and Training Department in researching, evaluating, and implementing new or revised training systems, policies, and procedures.
• Provide administrative and technical support for special projects as assigned by Flight Operations Management.
Minimum Qualifications for consideration include:
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Professional demeanor that reflects positively upon Spirit Airlines.
• Knowledge of aircraft systems and operating procedures.
• Proficient with MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word, with the ability to learn other computer programs efficiently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Commercial Pilot Certificate with multi-engine and instrument rating.
• Able to meet and or exceed ATP or Restricted ATP minimums by the 20th month after date of hire.
• Able to training for and successfully complete Spirit’s Initial Pilot Training Program (A320 Type Rating).
• Recent experience (2 years) as a ground, flight instructor, or check airman,
• Certified Flight Instructor
• A degree in aviation, education, science, or engineering.
• Office/classroom / flight training devices and simulators / cockpit jumpseat.
• Some travel required.
• Flexible work hours.