2 months ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for accomplishment of aviation instruction to pilots consisting of ground school and simulator training for Initial, Recurrent or generic aircraft training courses. Measure training progress of Customers (students), objectively and subjectively, within the established aeronautical curriculum.
* Training tasks will include Lesson Planning, Classroom and Simulator set-up, upkeep of current aviation publications and instructional training materials, acting as Second-In-Command pilot in multi-crew simulator situations, as needed, evaluate Customer’s progress and performance, issues and problems, prepare necessary documents and reports, as required.
* Participate in FlightSafety’s Learning Center’s Safety Management System (SMS) activities including: supporting and promoting the safety culture. Reporting all aviation safety-related issues via the feedback system, and adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
* Occasional travel may be required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
* Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years’ experience substitution must be in related field.
* Experience in aircraft type and or type rating a plus but not required. FlightSafety will type applicant if selected.
* To join the FlightSafety team as a pilot instructor to provide ground and simulator training you must have:
* Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP) if teaching on a type rating aircraft. A total pilot time of 2,000 hours or more is preferred but not required.
* Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating if teaching on an aircraft not requiring a type rating. A total pilot time of 1,000 hours or more is preferred.
* Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) rating or Aviation Ground Instructor Certificate (AGI) with an Instrument rating or prior experience. Acceptable prior experience includes military pilot instructor or pilot instructor in a Part 142, 135 or 121 operations.
* A Medical Certificate is not required unless training or instructing in the actual aircraft.
* Note: All FlightSafety instructors will be hired to instruct both aviation ground school and simulator training thus the higher qualification requirements of simulator instruction are stated. Qualifications are stated in terms of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ratings however equivalent ratings issued by another country’s aviation authority are accepted (examples: EASA, JAA, DGCA, CAAC). Currency in ratings is not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Excellent fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write.
* Must be an excellent listener and presenter in order to meet and exceed the Customer’s expectations during the training process.
* Ability to read, write and/or speak a foreign language may be helpful in some Centers, where applicable.
* IBM PC and/or compatible computer with printer; various standard office equipment
* General knowledge of: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Database: MS Access, preferred.
Join a team dedicated to enhancing aviation safety. FlightSafety offers you the ability to be home with your family, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and stability as demonstrated by our 65 years in business.
Additional Website Text
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.