7 months ago
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial, military, business, and general aviation aircraft.
GROUP KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
• Primary or secondary contact between Boeing Commercial and Parker group/divisions in business development, technical and operational / support performance matters.
• Responsible for managing the establishment and maintenance of Parker Group/Divisions' relationships with assigned customer(s).
• Supports and contributes to the development and execution of the Parker Customer Strategy and associated plans. Provides recommended direction and guidance to group and divisions.
• Updates Aerospace Group/Divisions on customer progress, Parker opportunities and issues. Recommends guidance.
• Coordinates technical and business meetings to facilitate the exchange of information with customer, group, divisions and industry groups.
• Develops sound, long-term customer relationships by providing accurate and timely information to the customer about the division’s progress and intentions. Follows up on action items and provides feedback to Parker.
• Develops and maintains industry contacts (e.g. suppliers, customers, competitors). Takes appropriate steps to protect and safeguard Parker intellectual property.
• Informs the Group and Divisions of customer’s progress and intentions by obtaining information on their behalf and defining the business needs and environment to best position Parker for profitable growth.
• Responds to identified new business development opportunities by assessing likely competition, pricing strategy and assisting with the full life cycle of proposal development process from concept development to completed contract. Analyzes program viability and basic business opportunities for Parker divisions. Recommends general and specific courses of action.
• Provides oversight of sustaining key customer performance areas (delivery, quality) by taking a role in maintaining a high level of operational performance.
• Coordinates technical and business meetings to facilitate the exchange of information with customers, groups, and divisions. Determines strategies for meetings and levels of management to be included.
• Prepares and gives presentations to management on matters concerning market planning and analysis, product selection, changing business environment, technology and innovation at key customers, competitors, or market segment. May recommend research and development products or processes.
• Provides input to Group and Divisions related to future business and engineering trends by maintaining knowledge of aerospace and the customer to ascertain where future business and engineering attention will be focused.
• Provides on-site customer support for Parker products and systems as problems or issues occur. Diffuses potential points of contention and overcomes objections. Identifies and facilitates quick disposition of customer concerns (e.g. communication misunderstandings, missed commitments, and field problems).
• Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions (e.g. export compliance; protection of intellectual property).
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field strongly preferred, however a business degree coupled with strong knowledge of the aerospace industry, products, applications and support/services is acceptable.
• Eight or more years of increasingly responsible experience in technical sales, marketing or customer interaction including two or more years of high-level project management or customer program management.
• Strong knowledge of the aerospace industry, products, and applications (especially Parker products, services and applications or similar).
• Robust project management skills and business process and procedure knowledge. Program management is desired.
• Effective results orientation and initiative abilities, strong communications and presentation skills, executive presence.
• Passion for customer service excellence and customer satisfaction, with strong persuasive and team player skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 7477. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor