7 months ago
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic performs operational checks, service, and repair of GSE.
The GSE Mechanic is responsible, but not limited, to the following duties and functions:
• Applies technical knowledge and experience to solve problems and to troubleshoot and repair GSE electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems and components.
• Performs tire and wheel maintenance and build up. Evaluates GSE discrepancies to identify methods of repair and/or replacement.
• Identifies necessary parts, materials and tooling requirements, and provides timely estimates for all maintenance within scope of responsibility.
• Sets up service schedules, keeps records, and maintains all GSE equipment as a fleet.
• Performs inspections quarterly, semiannually, and annually.
• Ensures compliance with quality and safety procedures/operations at the site level.
• Ensures company rules, standards, regulations, and policies are adhered to, enforced, and initiate actions to correct infractions.
• Advises the Fleet Manager/Site Supervisor promptly of unresolved or developing problem areas.
• Performs Collateral Duties and Responsibilities, as assigned by the site Lead/Supervision.
Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Three (3) years’ experience as a GSE mechanic.
• Experience in corrosion detection, treatment and prevention.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• CDI and Support Equipment Operator License
• Valid state driver's license
• Hazardous Waste Communications.
• AS9100C Program Awareness FOD and TCP Awareness.
• Operational Risk Management, Anti-Terrorism, and Security/Safety Training Security Clearance Awareness.
• Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces ground support maintenance repair courses or equivalent.
• Ability to meet any Government/Company licensing/qualification requirements.
• Should have vocational, trade or factory school in diesel engines.
• Should have vocational, trade or factory training in generator repair.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructions, technical manuals and/or directives in English and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to perform the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with hangar/flight line activities.
• Full knowledge of fuel systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, and gas and diesel internal combustion engines on GSE.
• Thorough knowledge of GSE, aircraft and ground safety procedures, applicable maintenance / technical manuals, basic tools, special tools, and test equipment.
• Should have a thorough knowledge of fuel systems.
• Should have a thorough knowledge of small gasoline engines.
• Should have a thorough knowledge of air conditioning systems.
• Should have knowledge in basic electricity both A/C and D/C systems.
• Should have knowledge in electrical circuitry.
• Should be able to perform light welding, brazing and soldering.
• Should have knowledge in hydraulic systems.
• Should be able to read and comprehend service manuals, wiring schematics, and flow charts.
• Should be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all of the GSE equipment on site.
Environmental conditions are diverse and could range from an office environment where there is no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes in temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust and wind. On occasion individuals may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards will prevail and hearing protection is required. Office work conditions will expend approximately 25% of the candidates' time and approximately 75% will be expended in more harsh conditions.
L3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Individual Contributor
: Jul 14, 2017, 5:16:22 PM