3 months ago
Must be able to operate, maintain, repair and test the ground support equipment (GSE) used in handling, servicing and maintaining aircraft and aircraft systems and other equipment utilized in support of the contract. Performs preventative maintenance such as checking oil, fluid levels, etc., on support equipment in accordance with detailed schedules. Check and maintain the operating efficiency of hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, diesel internal combustion engines and gasoline fuel systems of the ground support equipment. Repairs and services all ground equipment. May be required to use hazardous materials in performance of assigned duties. May be required to perform engine overhaul.
Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
· Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
· Responsible for adhering to the Company Tool Control Program.
· Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, faculties and job assignment.
· Must comply with Hazardous Waste Program; maintain satellite area in GSE work area.
· Must know how to identify safety issues, respond and notify proper safety officials within organization.
· Must comply with all OSHA, ARMS and other inspections that pertain to this job classification.
Must have working knowledge of normal aircraft safety requirements, corrosion detection, prevention and treatment
Must have knowledge of Ground Support Equipment maintenance and repair.
Knowledge of hazardous waste materials and safety precautions utilized by personnel.
Must be customer oriented, and other duties assigned.
“Other mechanic / flight line duties and related support as required across the program “
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience, hands on general support equipment maintenance experience automotive experience or equivalent.
Must have a valid state operator's license and be able to pass the government license requirements.
· Hazardous Waste Certification
· Aircraft Towing, Forklift, Overhead Crane Certification
· GSE Licensing a plus
· Valid CDL
Physical Demands: This maintenance classification activity accomplished predominantly in a flight line / hangar environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching and walking demands. May require lifting of objects weighing up to 50lbs. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close and peripheral vision and acceptable depth perception.
Work Environment: The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
L3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Individual Contributor
: Dec 19, 2017, 1:49:32 PM