9 days ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 05/15/2018
Posting Close Date: 05/21/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
These roles are Part-Time Contract ending October 28 2018.
The Guest Service Ambassador position is a highly physical role; agents are required to be on their feet for long periods of time. Other physical tasks may include, but are not limited to: assisting guests requiring mobility assistance (such as wheelchairs) in all areas of the airport and lifting/moving guest baggage, among many other tasks.
As a Guest Service Ambassador, you will:
* Provide a stress-free and safe experience by anticipating guest needs and provide genuine, customized service for every guest
* Assist guests with self-serve kiosk check-in (i.e. print boarding passes/bag tags and show guests how to attach the tags to their checked baggage)
* Move and lift bags to baggage belts
* Assist our guests requiring special assistance including pushing wheelchairs, escorting unaccompanied minors, guiding people with visual impairments
* Operate assistive mobility devices (i.e. Eagle II assist wheelchair device) for guests requiring assistance
* Ensure the check-in queues run smoothly by directing guests to the appropriate area.
* Ensure WestJet promises and procedures are followed in line with the rules and regulations of governing bodies (i.e. Transport Canada)
* Handle concerns with empathy and solve guest challenges with empowerment
* Assist in grooming the aircraft which can include light cleaning of seats, seat-pockets, and floor
* Maintain eye contact and smiling with each of our guests and coworkers
* Demonstrate a positive attitude and commitment to teamwork in a friendly, caring and atmosphere
An ideal applicant will possess these essential qualifications and skills:
* A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to communicate with people
* Proven experience in a customer service industry, with no less than 1 year experience in a guest facing role
* A working knowledge with computers, and recent experience working within a Windows based software environment
* Personal flexibility to work shift work which includes early mornings, days, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
* An ability to multitask in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
* An ability to use handheld radios and microphones to communicate with operational teams and make all airport announcements
* A physical ability to consistently lift up to 70lbs/32kgs
* A professional, well groomed appearance, able to represent the WestJet brand to our guests and team mates
* Fluency in the English language, both oral and written (French or another 2nd language will be considered a stong asset
* An ability to meet all conditions of employment:
* Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada
* Post offer employment test to test physical ability and fit for position
* A criminal background check
* Successfully complete initial GSA training
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.