This full-time position is with the Information Technology department atKBRwyle. The successful candidate will be part of the Service Desk support team. The primary responsibility of the Service Desk 1 Technician is to deliver end user support to KBRwyle employees.
This position will implement the most effective solutions when resolving end user computing issues while meeting service level agreements. The Service Desk1 Technician will provide desktop and call center support to KBRwyle employees on day to day issues in the operation of standard PC equipment including desktops, laptops, thin clients, software, printers, and peripherals.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Image assets using automated imaging tools and deploy them to customers.
- Mitigate security vulnerabilities by applying patches, updates and other fixes to desktops, laptops and virtual machines.
- Keep inventory of all KBRwyle IT computer and software assets updated.
- Configure, deploy and install PC systems and required software applications.
- Process and route work order requests accurately; owning the ticket through completion.
- Provide timely customer follow-up and status reports until issue is resolved and documenting progress of assigned incidents.
- Provide after-hours on-call support as scheduled by the Service Desk Manager.
HOURS FOR THIS POSITION: 8:00AM to 5:00PM EST.
1-year desktop support experience required
Active enrollment or completion of an IT related Associates degree or higher program required
Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance required
A+, Security+, Network+ and Microsoft certifications are a plus