8 months ago
- Responsible for answering and recording systems desk telephone calls and electronic requests for systems software and hardware support. Coordinates administrative and logistical details associated with providing systems software and hardware support to users. Completes follow-ups with users to ensure requests are resolved.
- Diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems. Resolves routine/remedial systems desk problems. Refers specialized/lengthy system desk problems to appropriate team members.
- Maintains integrity of the hardware/software inventory database. Operates the master consoles to monitor the operation of computer systems and networks.
- Executes production schedules. Performs transmission of data to remote locations. Distributes output to users. Logs events of shift, system malfunctions and disruptions, and creates shift reports for supervisory review and resolution. Performs systems back-up and restoration procedures. Enters transactions into on-line tape library system or other records maintaining the integrity of tape library.
- Assists in related policy/procedure development and implementation.
- Provides user 24-hour on-call support.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives, following design or installation specifications.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting in person and via telephone concerning systems operation; diagnoses system hardware, software, and computer problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Loads specified software packages, such as operating systems, word processing and spreadsheet applications, etc.
- Coordinates the repairs to any personal computer and/or peripherals with major manufacturers/suppliers ensuring warranty provisions apply.
- Assists in preparing plans for evaluation, selection and implementation of personal computer hardware and software.
- Assists in maintaining software library of all company-owned personal computer-based software, ensuring compliance with all software licenses and copyright laws.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of information technology including local area networking, and remote communication systems.
- Thorough knowledge of PC's and related hardware peripherals in the current company operating system environment.
- Good analytical, decision making, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- College diploma in information technology; or equivalent.