9 days ago
HR Manager, IT
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Are you an experienced and strategic and business partner looking to apply your proven people and process skills to complex human capital challenges? If so, we have a role that might be the right fit for you. We are seeking a high energy, transformative and influential trend setter to join our team at Alaska Airlines.
The HR Business Partner consults with leaders and employees on HR strategy, programs, and services to support and sustain a high performance culture. This includes supporting annual HR programs such as performance reviews, promotions, succession planning, and action plans resulting from employee engagement surveys. This role actively manages HR priorities in alignment with company goals, policies, and regulations to support employees and manage risk for the company.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports human resources activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Partners with business leaders to develop a comprehensive people strategy that addresses organizational effectiveness, leadership development, engagement, workforce & succession planning, performance management, and training support.
- Serves as a project manager for various HR-related and cross functional projects, including development and implementation of company-wide people programs, ensuring that change management best practices are applied.
- Partners and job shadows with client groups to understand their lines of business within the organization.
- Communicates HR initiatives and serves as a liaison between partner group and HR functional areas regarding service delivery. Proactively maintains an open line of communication with managers and employees on HR service-related issues.
- Provides guidance and feedback to assigned leaders regarding people-focused goals and objectives. Participates in department reviews and partners with the business leaders on measuring and evaluating employee performance. Serves in an advocacy/consulting role for employees experiencing problems/issues that impact their job performance.
- Creates and executes strategy and sustainable processes to advance employee engagement. Partners with the Manager, Human Resources, and divisional VPs to analyze engagement data, communicate survey results effectively, and act to improve engagement, customer satisfaction, and leadership effectiveness. Assists with other HR support as needed, such as recruiting, employee relations, etc.
- Provides compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Partners with other HR leaders and the rest of the AAG HR community to foster engagement, create a great place to work, and to provide a hassle-free and world-class experience to internal clients, employees, candidates, and other stakeholders.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant HR experience, or AAG supervisor equivalent background. In depth experience in other HR functional areas (generalist, employee relations, recruiting, etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually, influence stakeholders, and develop strategies.
- High energy, positive presence along with top-notch written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative, apolitical, resilient, fact-based, and a creative solutions-focused mindset, with ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing, collaborative environment and to manage conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and incorporate feedback from all levels of the organization.
- Experience designing and managing complex processes, as well as managing projects.
- Proven ability to leverage business acumen and analytic capability to position the HR organization as a change agent and key business partner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other Microsoft products as well as common HR applications.
- Able to travel, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with AAG is preferred. Internal applicants must be willing to complete their bachelor's degree within an agreed upon timeframe.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Compensation knowledge or experience.
- Experience with change management.
- Knowledge of employment law.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: 1/16/17
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.