3 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57179BR Date posted 11/22/City Miramar
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? Consider how an internship with UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) can jumpstart your career; this is a chance to work alongside the aerospace industry's top people in some of the world's most technologically advanced facilities. It’s an exciting opportunity to take on challenging projects, integrate theory and practice, and further confirm your career choices within a highly stimulating culture. If you want to be a part of a global business that’s creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers, consider this your runway. All superstars start somewhere, are you ready to take off?
UTC Aerospace Systems' Customer Service Organization is looking for a customer oriented individual to assist a team of HR managers. This is excellent opportunity for a motivated young professional to experience many different areas of Human Resources as well as gain an understanding of the UTC business as a whole.
* Administering a culture change program being implemented across the business. The individual will be a member of the implementation team tasked with leading logistics of the program
* Working with Senior Leadership to improve succession planning process
* Create and develop standard work for key processes
* Data analysis and presentation development
* Maintain Employee Engagement processes including scheduling monthly meetings, collect, analyze and present data.
* First point of contact to the HR suite, assist in answering employee questions or pointing them in the right direction to meet with the appropriate HR Manager.
* Manage grievance preparation for Hourly Bargaining Unit and assist in Industrial Relations processes
* Recruiting efforts including screening of resumes, interview scheduling, conducting phone and coordinate in-person interviews, communication with candidates, onboarding, orientation, and diversity efforts
* Research and develop new trainings to fill critical process gaps
* Assist with FAA Drug & Alcohol testing pool maintenance
* Opportunity to assist HR Managers with other tasks and key processes
* Provide best in class customer service to client groups and employees
The successful candidate must be able to pay close attention to detail, have outstanding customer service skills, strong organization skills, work with little supervision, multi task oriented, excellent verbal and written communication, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, take initiative on learning, development, and assisting the HR manager team.
Qualification: Minimum of 30 undergraduate credit hours and a minimum 3.0 GPA required. Successful candidate will be willing to be involved in varies functions of HR including Industrial Relations, Staffing, Diversity, and Compensation.
Education: Must be actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program in Business, HR, Organizational Development or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.