Manage the Human Resources functions for Flight Operations crew based in the US, as reviewed from time to time, by providing professional, strategic and effective advice, guidance and information to US employee base.
Senior Vice President Americas; People Manager, USA; GMA, Flight Crew Operations, Head Office; People Coordinator USA
- Develop and maintain a collaborative and productive relationship through establishing professional credibility with Flight Operations HKG.
- Develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of Flight Operations (FOP) conditions of service, ensuring compliance with local legislation.
- Support and participate in the recruitment of US based flight crew in initial interviews together with designated FOP technical interviewer (when applicable), HR Advisor and People Coordinator.
- Ensure Flight Crew recruitment and selection processes are compliant with local US legislation.
- Build and manage strong relationships with local flying training organizations to develop recruitment “pipeline”.
Grievance & Disciplinary issues
- Support FOP Head Office in disciplinary and grievance cases (as required) by gathering relevant information/facts.
- Review recommendations and provide expert advice in disciplinary matters to Head Office FOP, ensuring the entire process is conducted within the legal US jurisdiction.
- Actively support Flight Operations (H/O) in negotiations for Workplace Agreements by regularly participating in EA meetings, providing relevant information and advice as required.
- Respond to day-to-day issues from FOPs, based crew and union.
Work Health and Safety/Workers Compensation
- Ensure FOP processes are compliant with US legislation on Workers Compensation and Work Health and Safety.
- Provide relevant information to HR Advisor on injured employees for the purposes of notifying Workers Compensation insurance companies
- Undertake and complete Return-to-Work Co-ordination training role
- Ensure the quality and direction of HR service and advice to Flight Operations is fully valued and properly aligned to the Company’s strategy and objectives.
- Develop and manage local policies relating to Flight Operations in US in conjunction with Flight Ops H/O and People Manager USA.
- Ensure a collaborative relationship with CX-US legal representatives relating to FOP issues.
- Assist in the implementation of effective change management through the provision of advice on potential HR impact
- Manage and provide HR-related statistical reports relating to FOP
- Manage the communication process and delivery of employee benefits to base crew staff
- Regular interaction and discussion with People Manager, USA on employee related issues
- Provide feedback into Human Resources policy development for CX-US employee base
- Assist with other projects as required
Administration and other activities
- Participate and adhere to the Company’s Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures in accordance with stated organisational policy
- Facilitate and participate in various company related committees
- Undertake duty travel, when and as required.
- Attend relevant meetings, such as weekly and monthly regional office meetings, as required.
- Excellent knowledge of HR/IR related processes, particularly in IR negotiations
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Demonstrated experience in developing and administering HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of HR legislation and experience in the development and interpretation of
- Enterprise Agreements.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills - Is approachable, encourages collaboration and easily gains trust and support
- Proven ability to make timely decisions in an effective manner
- Proven ability to work without close supervision
- Proven ability to plan effectively – setting goals and objectives, anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity and equality culture
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications; Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Essential qualifications and experience
- A business degree or tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of US ER/IR legislative landscape
- At least 5 years practical work experience in the HR field
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. No sponsorship for employment visa status is available for this position.
- Supportive team member
- Acts with integrity, honesty and respect to internal and external customers
- Demonstrates a positive work ethic and attitude
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Ordinance.