2 months ago
Under supervision, defines and validates human factors requirements during the design process, from concept definition through detailed design, to ensure human centered design and optimum usability in the operation, maintainability, and/or manufacturing of aircraft systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops structured test plans and performs analysis of full and part task simulations using prototyping tools (e.g., software simulated display layouts, pilot-in-the-loop hardware simulations) to obtain early, multiple user feedback for human factors requirement definition.
2. Provides analysis of detailed design concepts to functional teams through the use of modeling techniques for reach and force requirements for a range of individuals that apply from the 5th percentile to the 99th percentile of a targeted population.
3. Attends multi-disciplinary review meetings as needed to clarify analysis goals. Supports specific project milestones that are integrated in the overall group product plan and schedule.
4. Creates a flight test report, engineering report and/or memos for each analysis and evaluation performed.
5. Supports pilot workload assessments through measurement techniques such as rating scales, questionnaires, and flight technical error analysis.
6. Gathers data used to provide estimates of procedural human error using task analysis and human error analysis methods.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 18 months related engineering experience with Bachelors degree. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Masters Degree and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job position.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline 2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones 3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity 4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments 5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy 6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline 2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures 3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources 4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats 5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues 6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity 7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff
Languages Required (in addition to English): English
Requisition Number: 78342
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close