6 months ago
A TSII guides the successful completion of major engineering programs. He/she conceives of research in areas of considerable scope and complexity that support the development and production of Gulfstream products and services. The TSII works without appreciable direction from supervisor on assigned tasks of major importance. His/her contacts and relationships include the direct supervisor, exempt professionals, lower-level personnel, customers, and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities for a Human Factors TSII
* Provides guidelines in application of Human Factors (HF) requirements to equipment design during all stages of the design process, from concept definition through detailed design.
* Applies structured quantitative or subjective methods to generate HF requirements and ensures human centered design and optimum usability in the operation, maintainability, and/or manufacturing of aircraft systems.
* Leads and/or performs structured test plan development and analysis of full and part task simulations using prototyping tools to obtain early, multiple user feedback for HF requirement definition.
* Provides analysis of detailed design concepts to functional teams through the use of modeling techniques for reach and force requirements for a wide anthropometric range of individuals of a targeted population.
* Holds multidisciplinary review meetings as needed to clarify analysis goals. Creates specific project milestones that can be integrated in the overall group product plan and schedule.
* Creates and supervises pilot workload assessments through measurement techniques such as rating scales, questionnaires, and flight technical error analysis.
* Generates estimates of procedural human error using task analysis and human error analysis methods.
* Collaborates on the coordination and development of facilities and/or technology to support simulation testing.
* Creates flight test plans and reports, engineering reports and/or memos to substantiate compliance with human factors certification regulations
* Develops trade studies on system design concepts and presents human factors recommendations to multidisciplinary design teams and upper management.
Education and Experience for a Human Factors TSII
* Minimum a Bachelor degree (a Master degree is preferred) in a related area (e.g. Human Factors Engineering, Human Factors Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Aerospace Engineering) or equivalent combination of appropriate education experience
* Minimum of ten years in Human Factors, or fifteen years with exceptional broad qualification in several related disciplines (aviation/aerospace experience is preferred)
* Experience with simulation software is an advantage (e.g. CATIA V5 Human Builder, 3DSSPP, iData)
* Experience with requirements management tools is an advantage (e.g. DOORS)
* Flying experience is an advantage (e.g. PPL, CPL, ATP)
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues 2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results 6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Languages Required (in addition to English): English
Requisition Number: 84724
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time