8 months ago
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Applies diversified knowledge and experience of Human Factors (HF) principles and practices
2. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization to customers and suppliers to resolve important issues and to plan and coordinate work.
3. Applies advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of HF and related sciences and disciplines.
4. Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a large and important engineering project or number of small projects with many complex features. Provides technical guidance to other engineers.
5. Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others. Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed HF evaluation test, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
6. Provides guidelines in application of HF requirements to equipment design during all stages of the design process, from concept definition through detailed design.
7. Applies structured quantitative or subjective methods to generate HF requirements and ensures human centered design and optimum usability in the operation, maintainability, and/or manufacturing of aircraft systems.
8. Leads and/or performs structured test plan development and analysis of full and part task simulations using prototyping tools to obtain early, multiple user feedback for HF requirement definition.
9. Provides analysis of detailed design concepts to functional teams through the use of modeling techniques for reach and force requirements for a wide anthropometric range of individuals of a targeted population.
10. Holds multidisciplinary review meetings as needed to clarify analysis goals. Creates specific project milestones that can be integrated in the overall group product plan and schedule.
11. Derives pilot workload assessments through measurement techniques such as rating scales, questionnaires, and flight technical error analysis.
12. Creates test plans and reports to substantiate compliance with HF certification regulations.
13. Generates estimates of procedural human error using task analysis and human error analysis methods.
14. Collaborates on the coordination and design of facilities and technology to support simulation testing.
15. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in HF and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve safety, quality, economy, and effectiveness.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor degree (a Master degree is preferred) in a related area (e.g. Human Factors Engineering, Human Factors Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Aerospace Engineering).
2. Minimum of 10 (10) years in Human Factors, or fifteen (15) years with broad experience in several related disciplines (aviation/aerospace experience is preferred)
3. Experience with simulation software is an advantage (e.g. CATIA V5 Human Builder, 3DSSPP, iData)
4. Experience with requirements management tools is an advantage (e.g. DOORS)
5. Flying experience is an advantage (e.g. PPL, CPL, ATP)
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues 2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results 6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 104261
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.