4 months ago
Human Resource Generalist
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 47685BR Date posted 05/05/City Rockford
Country United States
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
We are looking for a Human Resource Generalist to support the Electric Power Systems hourly workforce.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Direct employee programs designed to promote employee communications, optimize organizational effectiveness and increase employee satisfaction.
2. Administer HR/IR and Company policies and procedures to effectively manage employee relations and achieve business goals.
3. Assist in organizational leadership training and employee development.
4. Coach managers and supervisors on the Collective Bargaining Agreement
5. Assist in the administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement to include job postings, grievance handling, time and attendance issues, discipline, re-allocations, and administering of overtime
6. Assist in the administration of bargaining unit employee compensation and benefits programs and maintain employee records.
6. Support HR team in resource planning, recruitment and selection; monthly headcount reporting.
7. Administer FAA & NASA Drug and Alcohol Compliance Program.
8. Assure compliance with all governmental regulations such as EEOC and Affirmative Action requirements.
9. Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and Company EH&S rules and requirements.
10. Comply with the UTC Code of Ethics and related policies.
Qualifications Selected candidate will also participate in other teams, projects and initiatives as opportunities arise throughout the year
Required skills include:
Exceptional verbal, written and listening skills
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
Excellent team collaboration skills
Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Data manipulation and interpretation
Demonstrated ability to deliver completed staff work of high quality
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an HR role, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Labor relations experience desired.
If candidate is internal to UTC, they should be competent in Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and the establishment of Human Resources metrics and continuous improvement.
Education BA/BS degree required
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Organizational Behavior, or similar discipline.
PHR or SPHR certification a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.