4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This is a key position in the Organizational Advancement/Human Resources team that manages the human resources and organizational development activities for global marketing and sales function in the Americas.
Responsibilities encompass both operational and strategic HR and organization development activities, including but not limited to maintaining positive associate relations, consulting with the global business on organization design and effectiveness, leading culture change, driving performance management and talent management processes, team building, conducting strategic manpower planning and associate development.
1. Serve as an integral member and partner of the business and corporate functions. Consult with the leadership teams on the development and execution of HR strategy.
2. Deliver HR and OD services in all four quadrants of the OA delivery model:
a. Develop and execute HR strategy b. Develop a strategic workforce plan with development and staffing plans.
c. Assess need for/deliver organization effectiveness initiatives using the team effectiveness model and 7S. d.Facilitate change management; coach leaders on organizational design and effectiveness. e.Assess and build bench strength; drive application of Leadership Pipeline concepts.
f. Coach leaders and associates on HR policies and practices. g. Drive performance management (including disciplinary action) and talent management processes. h. Drive positive associate relations within the centers.
i. Develop recruiting and retention strategies for key roles and execute staffing plan. j. Direct/counsel the centers on compensation, job descriptions, job titles and internal associate movement.
3. Support the completion of strategic enterprise-wide HR initiatives, such as staffing process redesign or Leadership Pipeline implementation.
Bachelors degree in human resources, business, industrial relations, industrial psychology or related field
7-10 years experience in Human Resources or organizational development roles
Required skills, competencies, and knowledge:
* organizational skills and the ability to manage complexity;
* interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with employees at all levels;
* a proven track record of 'making a difference';
* the ability to interpret and explain employment laws and human resources data and metrics;
* integrity and approachability
* curiosity and a willingness to challenge organizational culture and manage change where necessary;
* influencing and negotiating skills to implement human resources policies at all levels of the organization;
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.