7 months ago
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Human Resources Generalist in our Seating Products Group in Winston-Salem, NC.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the position coordinates implementation of services, interprets and enforces policies, and assists with programs within the assigned client group working with the entire Human Resources team. The position provides general Human Resources support and services for bargaining unit front line staff as well as exempt, non-executive staff within the manufacturing facility. The role conducts day-to-day functions in the Human Resources department in a variety of areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participates in the recruitment process by discussing staffing needs with line managers, completing position requisitions and postings, screening applicants, conducting interviews, and managing applicants through the entire recruitment process.
* Assists the HR Manager with managing union interactions.
* Participates in onboarding of new associates including conducting new hire orientation, benefits orientation, and ensuring new hires are properly integrated into the organization.
* Investigates and resolves day-to-day employee relations problems (non-union & union). Provides advice and guidance to managers and employees on Human Resources matters.
* Communicates with associates to answer questions relating to employment, benefits, career advancement, etc. Elevates issues to Human Resources Manager as appropriate.
* Partners with managers to identify commercially focused Human Resources solutions that deliver operational performance improvements.
* Conducts routine salary administration tasks, providing advice to managers on employee compensation.
* Ensures highest level of customer service is provided to managers and employees and helps team to consistently apply company policies, procedures, and compliance with employment laws.
* Acts as a change agent in a fast paced environment, engaging with managers and employees to respond to a variety of dynamic priorities.
* Performs other related duties as required to develop and drive the business forward.
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of three (3) years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* At least one (1) year of labor relations experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making.
* Master's degree in Human Resources or related field.
* Experience with employee relations.
* Experience working in a Manufacturing Environment.
* Knowledge of US employment law and Human Resource policies/practices.
* Proven skills in the areas of initiative, individual leadership, teamwork, collaboration and facilitation.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and prior experience working with HR information systems.
* Experience supporting a professional client group.
* Experience supporting a technical client group.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.