Basic Function: This position provides recruiting and administrative support. Supports the requisition, sourcing, selection, onboarding and off-boarding activities for airline pilots, mechanics, and ground support staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent work experience considered.
- Demonstrated success in a recruiting coordinator role.
- Demonstrated success using creative and low-cost recruitment techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated success working with minimal supervision, effectively managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Work, and Outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including phone and email etiquette.
- Qualified candidates must be willing to give and receive direct and constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate an ability to act with a sense of urgency, prioritize effectively and with a firm attention to detail
- Be able to meet tight deadlines and have a willingness to escalate when tasks are at risk of failure or cannot be completed in a timely manner.
- Be flexible, open-minded, and comfortable asking questions.
- Supports the requisition, sourcing, selection, onboarding and off boarding activities.
- Owns the responsibility for candidate processing including scheduling phone interviews, in-house interviews and travel arrangements.
- Collects candidate and manager interview feedback and posting updates to the recruiting database.
- Responsible for complex calendar management, especially as it applies to scheduling interviews.
- Tracks and reports applicant and interview data.
- Maintains recruitment records in accordance with Company, State, and Federal regulations.
- Sources candidates independently using low-cost methods such as networking and social media and airline forums.
- Screens candidates to ensure alignment with Company needs.
- Develops rapport and maintains relationships with hiring managers, candidates, and third party staffing suppliers.
- Effectively handles a high volume of administrative and recruiting related tasks, adjusting priorities to meet the evolving needs of the Company.
- Anticipates challenges and proactively communicates with appropriate resources.
- Coordinates and attends job fairs and trade shows.
- Conducts new hire orientation in accordance with internal procedures and standards. Assists new employees with hiring paperwork.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains they are current.
- Fields a wide range of employee inquiries regarding all aspects of HR and provides immediate assistance or refers employees to the appropriate subject expert, as appropriate given the nature of the inquiries and the incumbent’s level of training and expertise.
- Assists with the processing of terminations
- Complete and process airport badge applications.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents, and performs other clerical functions.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Must be able to travel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
C. Physical Demands:
While performing the job duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hand and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.