3 months ago
Individual job duties may include:
- Install, maintain, repair and rework electronic and /or electrical systems related to plant facilities, Building equipment (including HVACR (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration)), and automated building controls
- Use technical knowledge, existing procedures or develop new procedures to diagnose and correct system and
component malfunctions to achieve optimum operation efficiency.
- Modify, test and calibrate pneumatic, electronic or electrical systems or components including interactive and electromechanical components
- Use electronic test equipment and other tools for troubleshooting.
- Develop and establish methods to accomplish required maintenance, repair, retrofit, or modification of equipment
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as the situation dictates.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and able to work with minimal direct supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
SSG BDS Business Partner
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum 3 years HVAC experience
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification
- Two years of college level training with a degree, formal military training, completion of an accredited trade school or apprenticeship program, or demonstration of equivalent training/experience.
- Coursework in electronics/electromechanical components.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Experience in troubleshooting of AC and DC Drives, Automated Building Systems and variable frequency drives (VFDs).
- Experience in high/low pressure chillers, refrigeration systems, cascade systems, environmental chambers, direct fired make-up air units, and Data Center Environmental Systems.
- Diagnose electrical systems using various test equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot direct digital controls (DDC) and variable air volume systems (VAVs).
- Understand ladder diagrams, schematics, relay logic and motor controls wiring.
- Knowledge of personal computers (PC) and software including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work safely in a production environment that at time include high noise levels, confined spaces and heights over thirty feet.
The following Physical Demands may be requirements of this job:
- Limited (0-1 Hrs) Crawling, Lying Down (back, front, side), Forceful grasping, Occasional (1-3 Hrs) Lift, Carry and Push Pull less than 25 pounds, Bending at the waist, kneeling, crouching, squatting, reaching Frequently (3-6 Hrs) Sit, Walk, Stand, Climb/Balance, Rotation of Head/neck, Flexion (head bent down, head bent back), Twisting at the waist, Handling/Grasping, Keyboarding/Mouse, Repetitive motion, Fine finger manipulation Frequent (3-6 Hrs) to Constant (6-8 Hrs) use of Face/Eye Protection , Protective Footwear, Hearing Protection The position may have frequent (3-6 hrs) exposure to Noise.
-This position requires eye, hearing and other personal protective equipment, occasional (1-3 Hrs) climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting and working on ladders.
- This position requires frequent (3-6 Hrs) finger manipulation and occasional (1-3 Hrs) handling, lifting less than 25
pounds, pushing/pulling less than 25 pounds, rotation of head/neck, sitting, standing, walking, bending at the waist,
carrying less than 25 pounds. Working on elevated and/or uneven surfaces.
- Exposure to noise, moving parts and occasional exposure to high/exposed places
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling up to 35 lbs.
- Frequent standing, reaching, handling, and turning.
Other requirements include:
- May the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance and/or program special access.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain personnel certifications as required to support job responsibilities.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime and holidays as required.
- Position may require working in confined spaces and at various plants and shifts.
This is an hourly position governed by a collective bargaining agreement.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Contingent Upon Program Award