5 months ago
Minimum skills required:
- Thorough knowledge of applied Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics.
- Solid understanding of Aircraft Aerodynamics, Aircraft Icing and Thermodynamics of ice protection systems.
- Verifiable experience in analysis of aircraft ice formation and accretion under atmospheric conditions and their aerodynamic degradation effects.
- Application of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Conjugate Heat transfer (CHT) techniques to solve problems in external aerodynamic flow, ice formation and accretion and heat transfer, with at least 5 years verifiable working experience in industry, including:
-- Analysis of fluid flow and heat transfer phenomena using high-fidelity Navier-Stokes CFD solvers, such as: USM3D, NSU3D, STAR-CCM+, LEWICE3D, Fluent, FUN3D, CFX and OpenFOAM.
-- Generation of spatial meshes for CFD solution around complex geometries and flow domains, using mesh generation software, such as: Gridgen, Pointwise, VGRID, ICEM-CFD.
-- Application of techniques for post-processing and visualization of complex fluid flow solutions using scientific visualization packages such as Tecplot or Fieldview.
- Advanced skills in one or more programming languages, to generate tools and scripts in support to the work. Options include (but not limited to): FORTRAN 90/95, C/C++, Java, Matlab and Python.
- Working experience in the generation and pre-/post-processing of CAD geometric models using CATIA V5 or V4.
- Good communication skills, including preparation and presentation of briefings on technical results for different levels within the organization and interaction with internal clients and suppliers.
- UNIX or Linux experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
Additional skills preferred:
- Working experience in internal flows and thermal analysis applied to aircraft icing protection systems.
- Wind-Tunnel, Icing Wind-Tunnel and Flight Test experience, both in on-site support and in analysis of results.
- Working knowledge of FAA 14 CFR, Part 25 regulations pertinent to Flight Into Known Icing (FIKI).
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues 2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results 6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
Languages Required (in addition to English): English
Requisition Number: 96081
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.